Thread: Hifei Swordfish Pro 300 amp

Default Hifei Swordfish Pro 300 amp

I have fitted the Swordfish Pro 300 amp ESC to my 1330mm Outerlimits build and programmed the unit using the programming box. I then did the throttle calibration. The unit is running 8s. After programming and throttle calibration when I power it up the only signal I get is a single beep and about a one half revolution kick on the motor. I am curious if I should get a cell count beep tone as well. The unit tests fine when running. The programming box shows me that the ESC is set to 8 cells as when I read the settings there is an asterisk next to the 8 cell count..
    Last edited by Old School; 06-05-2021 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Additional info

After a search I found this post in response to an ESC/motor combo not beeping. Mine beeped fine on throttle calibration and beeps once when powering up but no cell count beeps. I have never used a Hifei 300 amp ESC previously so this is new to me.

Quote: "bonefisher
    06-13-2016, 10:04 AM
    Not sure if this helps, but discovered the swordfish 300 won't beep a cell count unless you program it to. The default is a 2s and no cell count beep. While not written super clear the manual outlines this. So maybe the esc doesn't recognize the true cell count??"