Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pro Boat Impulse 32" Brushless Deep-V RTR

Default New Pro Boat Impulse 32" Brushless Deep-V RTR

Here's the fiberglass boat some have been asking for. Videos coming soon...
    https://m.youtube.com/user/MrMad2424/featured

Last edited by MADRCER; 06-03-2021 at 09:15 PM.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

I'm surprised no one else has comment on this new boat.
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

I should be getting mine in a week. Looks like it should be a nice boat.

Let us know what you think once you get it.
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.

Waiting for the local shop to get some in. Hopefully not as finicky as the BJ 42.

Any clues as to motor esc etc in this new offering? Will it be a new p-td rtr option?
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    Any clues as to motor esc etc in this new offering? Will it be a new p-td rtr option?
    Some details are here:
    https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../PRB08037.html
    '09 Miata.

Great looking boat. Running videos with a few speed test coming soon.

TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

I've had this boat for about a week now and in both passes I've made, the hull gets flooded with water. Has anyone had this issue? I'm guessing it's not sealed correctly around the copper tube that comes through the hull for the water pickup. All the cooling hoses are connected and no water comes in when the boat is stationary on the water. I added silicone around the tube to see if that eliminates the flooding.

Quote Originally Posted by alvinm View Post
    I've had this boat for about a week now and in both passes I've made, the hull gets flooded with water. Has anyone had this issue? I'm guessing it's not sealed correctly around the copper tube that comes through the hull for the water pickup. All the cooling hoses are connected and no water comes in when the boat is stationary on the water. I added silicone around the tube to see if that eliminates the flooding.
    I saw a video from "Mild to Wild RC" who must have been one of the early reviewers. He had a leak on his Impulse 32 as well. I didn't pay close attention since I don't have the boat, but I'm pretty sure he said it appeared to come at the corner between the hull bottom and the transom. Something about the plastic plate they put in to mount all the hardware must have a leak. Check it out. Just search Mild to wild rc "Proboat impulse 32 water leak issue fix"
    Info and pictures about our Invincible Razor build, Lindberg PT Boats; Racing Runabout; Pro Boat Stealthwake and more! Plus videos of our boats including upgrades, repairs, etc.

Some water in mine after one run but not flooded. I wasn’t to worried but maybe i should inspect it for leaks

After less than a minute it'll have water sloshing inside. It's weird because if it had a leak somewhere in the transom, you'd think it would fill the boat up even if it's stationary?

I'll look for that video.. thanks.

So i just did a water test and i had water entering into at least 3 bolts in the back. One strut bolt one trim tab bolts on both sides

Anyone notice this boat has the same prop as the blackjack 42 but the finish on the one it comes with sucks. The one on my bj 42 has a polished finish and the replacements are polished too
    672AE2A8-9A51-4C89-8884-CE1B175E0D5D.jpg

Some toyota form in place gasket behind the nuts on the spots that were leaking water and shes all water tight now. Unlike epoxy i can take it apart easily if need be.

How did you guys do the water test? I placed the entire boat in the water and then pushed down until the water level was almost to the hatch. Should I just stick the back end into the water? Also, did the water gush in because, the amount of water I'm getting after just a couple of passes to me seams too excessive to be a minor leak through some bolts.

I did the same as you, in my pool. I had water after about 10 sec

I did notice they looked very similar but assumed they were different because of differences in power.

Okay, so I'm about to send this boat back, but I have only one thing left to check. I noticed some bubbles coming through the motor water jacket when I blew through the hose. I'm gonna take it off, maybe it's missing o-rings or something.

Success!!!!! I immediately noticed the rather thin o ring didn't have a great seal on the motor. I applied a thin bead of silicone around the edge of the water jacket and clamped down hard on the plastic mount that goes across the top. Now it's bone dry! What a relief.

My cooling jacket is leaking too.

This boat so far is a hand-full. All i have done so far is a slight strut down adjustment. I have run both 2 3s 4500mah batteries and 2 6000mah batteries. Likes to bounce. Seems more so with the 6000mah batteries. I think this boat has more than enough power. Next is to make a bigger strut dow adjustment and see how she rides

I wanna say my strut came from factory all the way down. I may be wrong but it's currently at the least position. I also lowered the trim tabs down about an 1/8th. I'm not getting much bouncing. I haven't had a chance with the wind and chop to get nice long passes but I still got it to 52.

The batteries are all the way forward touching the cross brace.

About 5 runs i i noticed this
    639DDCE3-BDF8-4566-A1E0-68AB7C1730F6.jpg

What's the issue?

The big crack up by the drive dog. I dont know if it came that way or just happened

I have contacted horizon about the leaking cooling jacket and cracked prop. We will see what they say

Yeah I wouldn't run it until it's replaced. I think the BJ 42 has the same or similar prop, in case you have a local hobby shop that has those in stock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast