Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Pro Boat Impulse 32" Brushless Deep-V RTR

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    I don’t know what is the deal yet, but this thing will do nothing but hop and bounce like a jack rabbit on a bed of coals!
    I got my Impulse 32 together and was starting to test props. Because I bought this with all the hardware and no electronics, I opted for the Leopard 4082 1600KV X2 and the OSE 150A ESC. I had to cut out some of the stock motor mount to make room for the larger diameter motor and a rear motor support.
    I started with the trim tabs parallel to the bottom of the hull and raised 2 to 2.5mm instead of flush to the bottom of the hull as it came stock. I also started with the strut parallel (0 degree angle) and the stock prop. Batteries are 3s SMC DV Extreme 6900mAh "135C" to make 6s. As Jesse J said, it was hopping all over the place. I added 2 degrees negative angle to the inside trim tabs and about 1 degree negative angle on the strut. It's slightly better but not by much.

Anyone have a working setup on their Impulse? Do I go wrong moving the trim tabs up? Should I put them even with the bottom of the hull again and start trimming from there? I admit that I have not had much time to do much testing and, as it is now Nov. I'm rapidly running out of time before the lakes freeze over. So any help would be appreciated!Impulse inside2a.jpgImpulse 32 trim tabs.jpg
    Last edited by sciesielka; 11-01-2022 at 09:13 PM. Reason: added photos
    Info and pictures about our Invincible Razor build, Lindberg PT Boats; Racing Runabout; Pro Boat Stealthwake and more! Plus videos of our boats including upgrades, repairs, etc.

Have you tried moving the CG forwards?
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by sciesielka View Post
    I got my Impulse 32 together and was starting to test props. Because I bought this with all the hardware and no electronics, I opted for the Leopard 4082 1600KV X2 and the OSE 150A ESC. I had to cut out some of the stock motor mount to make room for the larger diameter motor and a rear motor support.
    I started with the trim tabs parallel to the bottom of the hull and raised 2 to 2.5mm instead of flush to the bottom of the hull as it came stock. I also started with the strut parallel (0 degree angle) and the stock prop. Batteries are 3s SMC DV Extreme 6900mAh "135C" to make 6s. As Jesse J said, it was hopping all over the place. I added 2 degrees negative angle to the inside trim tabs and about 1 degree negative angle on the strut. It's slightly better but not by much.

Anyone have a working setup on their Impulse? Do I go wrong moving the trim tabs up? Should I put them even with the bottom of the hull again and start trimming from there? I admit that I have not had much time to do much testing and, as it is now Nov. I'm rapidly running out of time before the lakes freeze over. So any help would be appreciated!Impulse inside2a.jpgImpulse 32 trim tabs.jpg
    I think that Rcboatbitz figured out the issue with this hull and they produced a different trim tab, seems to do the trick. Rcboatbitz has a video on it before and after new trim tab.
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Quote Originally Posted by mappo View Post
    I think that Rcboatbitz figured out the issue with this hull and they produced a different trim tab, seems to do the trick. Rcboatbitz has a video on it before and after new trim tab.
    The problem now is these RC BBZ tabs are blue! I bought these instead- https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-83023

I'll see how she runs with these this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPB32 View Post
    The problem now is these RC BBZ tabs are blue! I bought these instead- https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-83023

I'll see how she runs with these this spring.
    I think that Rcboatbitz has 2 different trim tabs for the impulse 32, one is blue and the other is black from what I’ve seen.
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

After struggling to get my Impulse 32 to run well at the end of 2022, I finally got it out in summer 2023 after making some trim adjustments. In all of the runs I did and am still doing, I have the batteries as far forward as possible (2x 3s SMC DV Extreme 6900mah). That, in itself is quite a task as the deck comes over most of the battery tray so getting to the straps closer to the bow is a real pain! I am also running all stock hardware and plumbing, including, so far, the stock prop.
    The setup I am running now gets me to 50mph. The stock strut is at a positive 1 to 1.5 degrees; both inner trim tabs are negative 4 degrees and both outer trim tabs are negative 2 degrees. I also have the trim tabs 1mm above the bottom surface of the hull. With this setup, the boat runs well, maybe a little wet, but battery placement fixes that and after 5+ minutes running "for fun," the batteries, ESC and motor are under 120F in 90F weather and about 80F water!
    The rest of this boating season (2023) I'll be testing props and data logging everything with the Hyperion Emeter v2 so I can monitor AMP draw, Watts, RPM, Voltage drop and temps. I'll match that to my GPS to see what the best prop and setup is for my Impulse 32.
    Info and pictures about our Invincible Razor build, Lindberg PT Boats; Racing Runabout; Pro Boat Stealthwake and more! Plus videos of our boats including upgrades, repairs, etc.

Update, I got my Impulse 32 April this year, so good to read back the concerns you all had up to this point. Mine ran 48.2 mph right out of the box stock. Added a 6s series, with octura prop x440 58.2, then Dasboata prop ( 59.1mph and only slight increase of speed for the 1516. I got the upgrade kit from RCboatbiz but did not like the prop. The hull sits low on the portside so i added what I thought was the same amount of wheel weight to the stbd side to get it to sit level side to side.
    What a difference it makes in choppy water. Flat, half wet and straight as an arrow. ( plus I added a second rudder to get squirely with, works great!) Supposedly this and the UL-19 use the same prop but pretty doggy at best. I have a ABC 1716 coming from downunder and expect the hull to do 65 or so+ , as some have reported 70+ with same prop -stock . we shall see eh? The hull tested flat, no warps or bulges and I use the underside pick up as well to keep all the joy under 130 degrees. Next change is 4092 motor, ZTW 200 esc, Admiral 5500 mah 100c 22.4 v in series...lets see if I can hit 80 mph or smoke it....

Quote Originally Posted by paulejr View Post
    The hull tested flat, no warps or bulges and I use the underside pick up as well to keep all the joy under 130 degrees. Next change is 4092 motor, ZTW 200 esc, Admiral 5500 mah 100c 22.4 v in series...lets see if I can hit 80 mph or smoke it....
    One side of the bottom of my hull has a concave section. I looked at it over the winter but didn't do anything to fix it yet. Maybe this winter I'll fill it in and get the bottom flat. Maybe then it will run even better! For now, since I finally have it running well, I plan to get the data logger hooked up soon so I can start testing props. Since I only have access to the lake on the weekends, it might be a few weeks before I get all the results. Once I do, I'll post them here.

I also use the thru-hull pickup and the rudder pickup for the water cooling. Since that stock setup seems to work fine, I didn't change anything.

If you're interested, here's the info on my website about my build: https://myplace.frontier.com/~sv_design/impulse.html

You guys should reroute the stock water lines to the motor. Maybe not much difference in cooling (IDK) but wrong is wrong....
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...ing&highlight=

Also, check your water jacket for water leaks. If the motor top clamp is too tight, it pushes the water jacket off center of the motor and it will leak.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123