Thread: Volantex SR80 pro prop change issues

Default Volantex SR80 pro prop change issues

Hi all - new to the hobby and loving it.

I recently got an SR80 pro and love it. I changed out the 4mm shaft to a 3/16 so I could have spare parts more readily available. At the same time I replaced the 1750 kv out runner w a 3660 leopard 2050 kv motor. I didn?t consider that rpm change to be large at the time. I also swapped in a 42mm gaupner prop from ose. Stock was a 40mm, unkown pitch. I am now having terrible stability issues. The boat wants to wheelie or flip out of the hole and it torque rolls terribly. I go above 3/4 throttle and it starts to lift out of the water and barrel roll. I haven?t gone back to the stock prop yet, but it does look different, other than diameter. The one thing I notice is the blades on the stock one extend past the hub. I attached a pic of the installed graupner and the stock metallic one. I hope the stock prop was just very inefficient compared to the Graupner or the graupner is just too large and a smaller one will solve my issue. Thoughts?
    357A7979-7C85-48C0-9C8C-2067D3FD1534.jpg

trim the boat bring down the tabs and adjust the strut if needed changes in speed will lighten up the hull make it loser in the water your job is to control that !