Thread: Help with Aquacraft Minimono

Default Help with Aquacraft Minimono

Hello everyone first post on the forum, i have a Aquacraft Mini Mono, im in need of a new servo and rudder assembly, anyone have a good recommendation? Boat is 16in long X 5.5in wide X 3.2in height , just recently got it up and running and now need a servo lol. Thanks for your time.

I dont know that particular boat, but the TFL 62mm rudder is often a good fit for boats about that size, if you want a bit bigger there is a TFL 75mm, and a bit smaller there is a generic Chinese 55mm rudder.

I use savox 257 servos in my 430-450mm minis, Savox aren't great in general with a tendency to whine, and I wouldnt use one of their standard size servos, but at that size options for reliable accurate servos are limited.

Futaba do an awesome brushless micro servo that is much better, but it is twice the price, IMO you don't really need the extra torque or speed in a mini, but if budget isn't a consideration it is the dogs danglies.

Hitec did have a terrific one, but discontinued it along with the rest of their carbonite gear servos.

I am prejudiced against Spektrum and haven't even looked into their servo range never mind tried any, I have heard good things about some of their servos but have no idea if any are suitable.

I have tried many cheap chinese digital micro servos and have given up on them, poor reliability or poor centering or sloppy gears or all of the above.
    Last edited by NativePaul; 03-04-2022 at 12:08 AM.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.