Thread: ZTW 200A help programming

Default ZTW 200A help programming

I was trying to set up my new Seal 200A ESC. I calibrated radio trigger. No matter what I do afterwords, I only get the motor so spin at very lo RPM's. I tried a bunch of programming settings (using the poorly written instructions online). Manual only tells me how to calibrate the trigger. Same result - no matter how much i depress the trigger there is no change in the motor - low RPM's is all I get. Some people talk about firmware upgrate - I could not download anything from the chinese site - none of the downloads work. I feel like I just wasted $200!!!

It's a good ESC, but I've never programmed one without the programming box. I buy one for every make of ESC I own, far easier and more reliable in my experience. The default settings should be enough to get the motor running normally, but without visual feedback from an LCD screen, its hard to know where the programming is at. I assume you're using fully charged batteries? I ask because the low voltage cutoff circuit is pretty sensitive and I usually disable it.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

A few updates: yes, fully charged pack to avoid low cut off. I was able to reset the programming to factory settings. I now have low rpm for a few secconds then it ramps up. I wonder if this is a feature of the ESC in the following programming menu "start up strength" which varies between 10 and 50% - see the link below with the chart box. Does your ESC start off with low power for a few seconds, then full power? Please, let me know about this.
    Lastly, I think there is a fake ZWT site. I was able to find the real one and there are manuals and firmware files that can be downloaded.
    https://www.ztwoem.com/wp-content/up...ser-Manual.pdf

Is anyone familiar with the process of firmware update for the Seal ESC?

I have had similar issues with my 200A ZTW.
    The problem was solved with the new Firmware.
    On the other hand ZTW are difficult to get running the first time anyway. Like fweasel I always get the programbox. This is also why I don't care about several new ESC but once I do have the box and the ESC work well I get some more of them
    ZTW200A are definately some I have some more of.

Ask ZTW or your dealer for the current softwareupdate but you will need the programming box to get the ESC connected to USB. For me the Version ganhv06.xup worked, before I also had difficult/undrivable start-up with low RPM first. (Or send me a PM with your Mail so I can send you the Software I managed the whole thing to get going with - but no warranty as I am not ZTW ).

How lucky I am to live so close to the OSE store in MA! After a day of frustration with the new Seal, today I took my boat and ESC to the OSE store. They tested the ESC and concluded it was defective. They gave a a new Seal 200A and this time I bought the programming card. Later today I will install and report how things are with the replacement ESC. A big shout out for the great customer service and help that Louis and Steve offer at OSE!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1979 View Post
    How lucky I am to live so close to the OSE store in MA! After a day of frustration with the new Seal, today I took my boat and ESC to the OSE store. They tested the ESC and concluded it was defective. They gave a a new Seal 200A and this time I bought the programming card. Later today I will install and report how things are with the replacement ESC. A big shout out for the great customer service and help that Louis and Steve offer at OSE!
    I've also been there, they are the best for boat products

Connected new ESC. I was able to easily set it up with the programming card. On the bench the boat was running OK, however it still has a "soft start" before the motor ramps up. Can anyone confirm if this is how this ESC operates due to the "motor strength" setting? I am going to try to update the firmware, but I was hoping to hear from other owners before I mess something up.

I needed the firmwareupdate with ESC that I purchased last autumn in Germany, since then the ESCs operate the motors the way I want:

Yes, there's a soft start

Can someone provide me with the correct software for the firmware update? I went to the Ztwoem.com and no matter which version of the software I chose to download, I get the Gecko series software to download. Their links must be messed up. I could not make it work with the Seal ESC.

I just send you the firmware that worked out for me. The launcher I think was Gecko but it worked. The firmware is what my vendor received from ZTW after he reported them my problem and send them my videos...

Quote Originally Posted by plinse View Post
    I just send you the firmware that worked out for me. The launcher I think was Gecko but it worked. The firmware is what my vendor received from ZTW after he reported them my problem and send them my videos...
    Thank you! IT is the Gecko software and it worked great!

You are welcome!