Thread: ZTW 300 in need of cap bank or not?

Default ZTW 300 in need of cap bank or not?

I?m building an aeromarine conquest with a TP 5680/800kv on 12s that will be spinning a 457/2 prop. I was wondering if I needed to add a cap bank to the esc (my choice would be the Etti HV caps) I will be soldering an OSE 8mm antispark connector to the esc leads and then using one of the OSE prefabbed series connector harness to plug the batteries into. Thanks!

I would think it couldn't hurt, let me know how you make out with this setup

There are two versions of the 300A ESC. V1 has a small cap bank attached to the main power leads with thin wires. V2 has no external cap bank and the caps attached directly to the PCB are larger in size. I replaced the small cap bank on my V1 ESC because I will be drawing a lot of current. I plan to use only the caps attached directly to the PCB on my V2 ESC because that system won't be running near the ragged edge.

However, as meangenesracing commented, it can't hurt. Just make sure you attach is as close to the ESC as possible and make sure the caps are rated for the correct voltage.
    Last edited by fweasel; 05-29-2021 at 07:08 PM.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Awesome info guys thank you, I haven’t purchased the esc yet so I imagine it will be the newer version. I will add the cap bank and see how it goes!

Did you use a cap bank on this setup? I'm using the ZTW 300 V2 without caps on 12s with a SSS 56123 700kv motor with no issues so far.

I did put one on, it didn’t need it per day but it did seem to improve performance