Thread: esc wiring

Default esc wiring

building my first boat an finally im to the wiring everything up ive got two ztw 300a esc an a spectrum sr6000t receiver coming from the ecs is two sets of wire brown red an yellow on set is bigger the the other my question is witch set goes to the throttle of the receiver an i also have to use a seperate battery for the receiver an i need to put a switch between the battery an receiver correct an it would plug into the battery/bind slot on the receiver thanks for any help

On the ZTW 300A ESC, the short lead is the programming cable, and the long lead goes to the receiver. When you run two ESC's, you plug the long lead from each ESC into a Y-harness and then plug the Y harness into the throttle channel on the receiver. When setting up ESC for the first time, you need to perform a throttle calibration. While doing this, plug one ESC directly into the receiver at a time, and set it up as if you only had a single motor and ESC setup.

You do not need to have a power switch between your 6V receiver battery and the receiver, but they are handy depending on where everything gets installed. The battery, or power lead on a switch, plugs into any open port on the receiver to provide power, but I typically use the bind port for consistency.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    On the ZTW 300A ESC, the short lead is the programming cable, and the long lead goes to the receiver. When you run two ESC's, you plug the long lead from each ESC into a Y-harness and then plug the Y harness into the throttle channel on the receiver. When setting up ESC for the first time, you need to perform a throttle calibration. While doing this, plug one ESC directly into the receiver at a time, and set it up as if you only had a single motor and ESC setup.

You do not need to have a power switch between your 6V receiver battery and the receiver, but they are handy depending on where everything gets installed. The battery, or power lead on a switch, plugs into any open port on the receiver to provide power, but I typically use the bind port for consistency.

thanks for the help