Thread: 8 mm connectors

Default 8 mm connectors

i looking to replace 8 mm bullit connectors , big spark with antispark. pros and cons castle and ose thanks mike

I love the OSE 8mm anti-spark connectors. I run them on my 6S and 4S packs. Only downside, they're a little more challenging to solder on. I use the Castle 6.5mm connectors on my 3S packs that are mostly wired in series for 6S voltage. I get a small spark when connecting those, and they do start to pit because of the constant arcing.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks for the feedback. I am a bit solder challenged but getting better and less spark has to be better. Mike

I use Lehner 6mm connectors. That is the connector-system I expect to be most capable in reality and when combining batches you bought some time ago and getting new ones.

Anti sparc is an important issue but I separate it from the connectors.
    I solter a resistor to + of the ESC and add a small wire with a pin. When connecting the batterie I connect -, then this pin, wait until sart up of the ESC is finished and then connect +.

This way I have no spark when connecting the 6mm connectors. For connecting the Pin I use the ballancer-Connector of the LiPo.

Actually this is essential. If you damage the connectors by constant arcing the quality of the connectors that you use does not matter for more then a few runs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by plinse View Post
    I use Lehner 6mm connectors. That is the connector-system I expect to be most capable in reality and when combining batches you bought some time ago and getting new ones.

Anti sparc is an important issue but I separate it from the connectors.
    I solter a resistor to + of the ESC and add a small wire with a pin. When connecting the batterie I connect -, then this pin, wait until sart up of the ESC is finished and then connect +.

This way I have no spark when connecting the 6mm connectors. For connecting the Pin I use the ballancer-Connector of the LiPo.

Actually this is essential. If you damage the connectors by constant arcing the quality of the connectors that you use does not matter for more then a few runs anyway.
    would you have a photo of this ? solder challanged, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mpshay22 View Post
    would you have a photo of this ? solder challanged, Mike
    Well sure, the whole thing is pretty simple:

The connector with the yellow heat shrink on it has the resistor soldered to it as well and the wire with the pin which you can see.

First I connect Minus (not visible here), then I connect + using the small pin:

The ESC performs the startup, afterwards I connect the real plug - no sparks, no damage to the connectors if the resistor is chosen right (~30-40Ohm for 12s here)...

And I have strongly modified the YEP180HV that I use in this boat. It has additional ~4000?F caps on it. Connecting this ESC directly to 12s would spark quite a bit
    Anti spark is definitely mandatory for setups where high quality connectors are really required

Well sure, the whole thing is pretty simple:

The connector with the yellow heat shrink on it has the resistor soldered to it as well and the wire with the pin which you can see.

First I connect Minus (not visible here), then I connect + using the small pin:

The ESC performs the startup, afterwards I connect the real plug - no sparks, no damage to the connectors if the resistor is chosen right (~30-40Ohm for 12s here)...

And I have strongly modified the YEP180HV that I use in this boat. It has additional ~4000?F caps on it. Connecting this ESC directly to 12s would spark quite a bit
    Anti spark is definitely mandatory for setups where high quality connectors are really required
    yes that all looks really clean, bullet connectors and add a cap, red wire and pin to red power lead of esc. yes thanks I can see clearly now !

What ohm for 4s. 6s?

10-15 Ohm

10-15 Ohm
    Thanks plinse, looks like the swordfish i recently purchased is built that way. i have others i can convert.