Thread: OSE 150a ESC issue

Default OSE 150a ESC issue

OSE 150a new, UL-19 new, stock esc works fine but when I plug in the OSE esc all I get is ?beep? pause ?beep?. Tried setting throttle range, does nothing but continues to beep.

Did you remember to calibrate the throttle? I've not (yet) purchased the OSE Raider 150A, but, did some reason, I seen to recall reading somewhere something about it beeping when first connected, kind of as a "reminder" to calibrate. Not saying that's what it is...only what I seem to be recalling.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Did you remember to calibrate the throttle? I've not (yet) purchased the OSE Raider 150A, but, did some reason, I seen to recall reading somewhere something about it beeping when first connected, kind of as a "reminder" to calibrate. Not saying that's what it is...only what I seem to be recalling.

Nope did the full throttle hooked up battery and all it does is beep pause beep

Did you try reversing the throttle channel and redoing the throttle calibration?
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Did you try reversing the throttle channel and redoing the throttle calibration?
    Yup still doing the same thing, tried the stock rx/tx and my Oxidean rx/tx and doesn?t want to communicate with the rx

Quote Originally Posted by KennethYucha View Post
    Yup still doing the same thing, tried the stock rx/tx and my Oxidean rx/tx and doesn?t want to communicate with the rx
    Now that I think about it, I've run into that same type of problem before (Traxxas Rustler 4x4). While I had planned on replacing the ESC & motor, I wasn't quite ready yet...but, I did want to immediately replace the Rx with a Futaba (to pair to my 7PX). Unfortunately, while the ESC could communicate with older Futaba tech, it refused to communicate with the newer Futaba tech. Until I was able to afford the new ESC & motor, I had to temporarily put the Traxxas Rx back in the vehicle.

Hooked up to ch2 on your receiver? I assume steering still works? Batteries fully charged?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Hooked up to ch2, batteries full, no steering, no throttle just beeping

No steering? Get that sorted first, there's an issue with the receiver weather its power related or a binding issue.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Hook up the stock esc and everything works fine, throttle and steering so I know it is not the receiver or transmitter.

I am baffled other than the esc doesn?t work

Does your receiver have a power light, or in some way indicate it's bound to the transmitter when turned on? Sounding like the ESC's BEC might be faulty, not powering the receiver (no throttle calibration) and not powering the servo (no steering). I'd get in touch with Steve at OSE and run your troubleshooting steps past him. Might be time for an exchange.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

The BEC might be faulty or the wire is pluged into the ESC in the wrong orientation.

When you measure the BEC output with a voltmeter, do you get 5-6V in the expected polarity?

This sounds stupid but if plug it wrong in the RX you get the same beep beep because it can't connect

Old thread, but some follow up in case someone reads this.
    The ESC provides power to the receiver, and your receiver seems to be non-functional. Your ESC is just telling you that you have a battery connected and beeps based on it's voltage (3 beeps = 3S etc.).
    Either your ESC doesn't provide power to your receiver or the wire itself is defective. If you have a DMM, check the voltage.