Thread: Dragon 89MPH SAW 4S Outboard Record boat details

Default Dragon 89MPH SAW 4S Outboard Record boat details

When I was younger, I spent ALOT of time trawling the internet for photos of what the fast guys were doing. I designed a few tunnels which seemed to work well for their purpose back then. I always told myself that once I got to my goal of breaking 80mph I would share everything about the design to try and help someone else go even faster...we all need something to chase

So here are the photos of my 4S SAW tunnel. Nothing too special IMHO
    THE BEST ADVISE I can give for what I have seen is what is on the bottom counts for 80% and the top 20% (best guess numbers, but give you an idea of where to look for more).

If you want an more information about something, please ask below.

Hull: Dragon M11 Center section and 30" SAW sponsons. The same hull i nearly destroyed a few months ago as seen this link https://www.intlwaters.com/threads/d...rebuild.76274/.
    Outboard: heavily modified lawless 3.5 with OS hinge plate and prop shaft.
    Radio: Futaba 4PX + 614FS Receiver
    Motor: TP 3640 4D home made cooling can
    ESC: Castle 200 ICE cooling added by Darin Jordan
    Batteries: Roaring Top 4S1P 5100mah 80c
    (I cannot stress how important it is to pre warm your packs to 25-30degC when doing hard runs or even just mucking around...much nicer on all the equipment)
    Plugs: OSE 5.5mm all round
    Steering Servo: Hitec 7954SH (hiding under ESC)

Setup has more in it as it was only pulling around 250amps during the passes

Eagletree GPS for what had been very accurate speed readings. It logged over 140kph (88mph) on the pass I averaged 137kph through the traps.

Funny thing is that I know it wasn't really running perfect...so something to work on!

Photos can be found here: https://www.intlwaters.com/media/albums/dragons.2677/

181711598_10158061179535777_2936780389696464344_n.jpg

Excellent work Kris!
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for