Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Proboat release new Blackjack 42" catamaran

Hello everyone!
    I'm a newbie on this forum and got back into RC boating after 30 years. Received my Blackjack 42 last week and can't wait to get it in the water but I am doing the right thing and prepping the boat the best I can before the maiden run.
    Thanks to everyone here on the forum and on YouTube that has taken the time to provide extremely valuable information on how to address some of the issues with the Blackjack 42 to make it more stable, reliable, and just more fun on the water. Here is my "pre-flight" maintenance list that I am working on (let me know if you have any recommendations or questions):
    1.) Grease the flexshaft and align it with the collet
    2.) Pool noodle fix for securing the batteries about an 1.5 inches from being all the way forward
    3.) Seal the through-hull grommet for the stuffing tub
    4.) Drive dog spacing and thrust washer - I could use a little help here - I've seen some people using a stainless steel drive dog with a thrust washer and I'd like to install them but I'm not sure which ones to get.
    5.) Reprogram the ESC - increase the Low Voltage Cutoff (LVC) value
    I think that's about it for the "must do" list.

Have fun and be safe.

Cheers,
    Jeff (Garage Maker Guy)

I have smaller trim tabs that come stock on the Impulse 32. I don't do many high speeds turns, so I can't tell you if it affects handling. They definitely help on straight line passes though. It's about the only way to keep the front end down without adding all kinds of weight to the front or lowering the strut all the way down. 70mph passes are a breeze.

Here is my latest new Killer video of a two BlackJack42s ripping laps at 55mph.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-yJ8lrdofg
    BJ42'' / Miss Geico 36'' / TFL Hydro 35'' / Retrieval boat 30'' Tug
    Make sure you check out my Youtube channel -----> shorturl.at/ntFQ7

I have a Blackjack 42 , and ordered the cat runs with a left hander prop I ordered from OEI a upgrade Cnc-5016350 its right handed ? Anyone running Reversed ? Thanks

If you run this boat reversed the standard flex shaft will unwind and explode and some new parts for the driveline and maybe hull repair

Thanks ,I know about the shaft , been in model boating for 60 years .We started on tether lines . This is my first ready to run boat - no way is this a ready to run boat in my book .

yeah i know what you mean, ready to run exist only in fairyland, but if you sort out the weak points you will have a nice boat

WE have about 10 BJ 42's in are club, some are putting weights some have changed the strut, some have put on trimtabs. I'm old school you don't put trimtabs on a cat. Also, the designer of the strut can not be a hobbyist , you have to pull the strut to grease the shaft ? Now you have lost your setting. I know , I know , it is a fun boat One of are club member's has hit 69 mph . I hope to top that ,oh he has trimtabs , so much for old school !

I broke down and ordered trimtabs from ose .They only had blue, looks like all the bj42 items are going fast. I also balanced and worked on a X447 3 blade prop . Will be at the pond on Tuesday. can't wait.

AT the pond today the trim tabs made the boat hold the water as if it was glued down, hit the high 60's very happy

Anyone know if the stock motor mount will allow for a 56mm can motor? I am thinking a lower kv 56mm motor swinging a larger prop would be much more efficient.
    Team Liquid Dash

Quote Originally Posted by donthavta View Post
    AT the pond today the trim tabs made the boat hold the water as if it was glued down, hit the high 60's very happy
    You got to post some Pic's

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
    Anyone know if the stock motor mount will allow for a 56mm can motor? I am thinking a lower kv 56mm motor swinging a larger prop would be much more efficient.
    Curious about this myself.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567