Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Proboat release new Blackjack 42" catamaran

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    Temp checks and trying to keep it on the water.

Even from the most recent video (posted yesterday), she's still hopping worse than a jackrabbit. Have you tried moving the batteries further forward? I'm interested in this, but I don't care for jackrabbits (unless it's for dinner...and, maybe, not even then).

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

Saw this guys video and the boat seems a bit calmer. Around the 19 min mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8AbEo8jhGI

Quote Originally Posted by 1coopgt View Post
    I wouldn't worry to much. Most RTR's have dual rates built into the transmitter, I think its called so you can slow things down. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACKopter View Post
    Thanks, allthough I prefer actual user input I'll reach out to horizon as well.
    My apologies to 1coopgt, I was re-reading this thread and realized how poorly my post sounds, not my intention at all, I was still seeking 6s info and not discounting your input about the dual rate. I really need to get better at this whole written word thing as it rarely comes out as I had intended.

No problem . My point was on 8s as MrMad said you can slow it down with the transmitter throttle limit switch. You were asking about 6s which I'm sure the boat will run on but it will be slower. You would need to monitor the temps of the Batteries ,esc and the motor.

Saw this guys video and the boat seems a bit calmer. Around the 19 min mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8AbEo8jhGI
    True...but...he's NOT running at full-throttle (75% max, if even that), which he admits in the video. Our favorite "mad racer", on the other hand, was running full-throttle. What we don't know if whether he had the throttle switch set at 50%, or 75%, or whether he was manually not running full-throttle.

Yeah I though he mentioned he was at full throttle when he was running with the wind. But your right you don't know what setting he was on .He hit 51mph so who knows.

I agree I like MrMads videos better.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Even from the most recent video (posted yesterday), she's still hopping worse than a jackrabbit. Have you tried moving the batteries further forward? I'm interested in this, but I don't care for jackrabbits (unless it's for dinner...and, maybe, not even then).

Yeah I though he mentioned he was at full throttle when he was running with the wind. But your right you don't know what setting he was on .He hit 51mph so who knows.

I agree I like MrMads videos better.
    If he hit 51mph he was on the 100% setting. His boat at the 19 min mark isn't maxed out by no means It looks like he was at the end of his packs. Boat will only run low to mid 40's on 75% setting. It's stable on that setting but open it to 100% you better pull your pants up before you pull the trigger lol. Poly is going to flex under load more than glass so that may be why some of the jackrabbitting is. My prop is too deep in the water on mine in these videos and if i raise it then it's adding a lot of positive to it...a lot of positive... so i need bend my stuffing tube more to get proper alignment that I want with the strut. I didn't want to break anything on week one with it so i'm careful with what i do with it as of now. But everyone wanted a balls out run so that's what i gave them. It'll get better as time goes on everything is new to everyone.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Are ya going to be willing to write up what ya do to get her to run flat and fast?

Are ya going to be willing to write up what ya do to get her to run flat and fast?
    Sure, if I'm able to get it to run flat and fast. It's pretty stable out of box until the 50mph range then it would get light in front.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Cool

Ya I noticed there's no way to easily get into the front sponsons to add weight if you wanted which sucks. Could always drill a hole in each bulkhead and drizzle epoxy into the tips till the weight is right. Hopefully it won't come to that.

FYI, Got my account charge notice today so they're stateside and soon to be on the way! Anyone catch MADRCER's latest video, 62/64 mph on stock power with a prepped prop before going airborn into a spectacular flip? Starting to think I might be in over my head.

You'll be fine. He's still using the stock prop. Just prepped by Dasboata . Real good run. He's starting to tweak the boat to see what she'll do. Impressive speed on the stock balanced prop.

I'm interested in this BJ 42, as well as the MG 36, though the single motor setup might be easier for me to live with as I'm not hugely concerned with big speed runs at this point. I also like the electronics setup in the new BJ 42, I've got a new DX5 Pro 2021 that will play nice with the ESC/Batts etc. Also seems the MG 36 might need some QC fixes and reinforcing, though perhaps it's improved since release. I suppose my main question is this: how is support on Proboat models long term? I'd like to think they'd support them for a few years at least, they're relatively simple electronics wise, so I suppose it'd be easy enough to utilize other electronics etc if it came down to it.

If I do end up with a new boat, think I'll grab the Traxxas Blast and rig it up to use as a recuse boat - seems it would work well in that role.

Anyway, thanks all!

Just got mine! First thing is i lubed the flex shaft. Man it was a b to get out (had to use a screwdriver to pry it out of the strut) It looks like you cannot remove the strut bushing from the flex shaft without pulling the prop and drive dog off. I wonder how well the grease is going to get into the bushing without removing the prop and dog every time.

Well i just found a vid on youtube of someone talking about this, his way was to remove the strut with the shaft and then removing the prop and drive dog from the shaft. Leaving the bushing in the strut. Seems like a pain in the ass just to lube the flex cable.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DlVvRht_v9k
    Last edited by jhurlbert; 06-01-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Just got a Blackjack 42 myself and like what was said earlier, greasing a shaft should NOT be this tough. I felt like I was going to break the boat trying to get it out.

Hopefully Steve will come up with a better alternative soon.
    Current boats
    Aquacraft Cajun Commander, Aquacraft Mini Alligator Tours - brushless, ProBoat Blackjack 9, ProBoat Impulse 9, ProBoat Recoil 17, ProBoat Blackjack 24, ProBoat Shockwave 26 BL V3

Alright, couldn't resist, have one arriving shortly. Can anyone that has the boat in hand tell me what size tubing I'd need to setup a dual cooling loop?

Quote Originally Posted by Ty89m View Post
    Alright, couldn't resist, have one arriving shortly. Can anyone that has the boat in hand tell me what size tubing I'd need to setup a dual cooling loop?
    I posted this back on post 29.

The cooling tube is 6mm outside and 1/8 inside. More cooling can't hurt but the stock system doesn't overheat at all, not even close to overheating. I would use this tube here https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...ng-1%2F4-clear

duh, noob move on my part not digging a bit deeper in this thread. My apologies, and thanks for sharing that info once again - I appreciate it.

Also, it was your YouTube videos that prompted me to try out a boat!

duh, noob move on my part not digging a bit deeper in this thread. My apologies, and thanks for sharing that info once again - I appreciate it.

Also, it was your YouTube videos that prompted me to try out a boat!
    No worries, and have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    No worries, and have fun with it.
    I'm looking forward to hearing your long-term thoughts on this boat, and to see how far you can push it. I'm a bit nervous about having to retrieve a downed boat, as I'm not super keen on water, so I'll likely take it easy for awhile. Might have to build up a rescue boat and/or grab a small raft. Heck, looks like the tennis ball on the fishing pole method is an option too. I'm also looking forward to seeing how these function long-term, and to see what OSE comes up with for aftermarket bits.

So my Blackjack 42 got here today. Seems like a very sturdy boat. It has a big motor in this thing. It's the same length as my Zonda but 3 inches wider. Also attached a pic of my NEU1527 1/8TH scale hydro motor next to the Motor in the Blackjack.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Curious for those that own this boat, does your rudder have a bit of play? It seems to be the bottom bushing that is the most noticeable. This is my first boat, so not sure if that is normal, or if my bushings are out of spec. Beyond that, this this is a beast! Wasn't quite prepared for just how large this thing is in person - and like 1coopgt said above, the motor is no joke!

Curious for those that own this boat, does your rudder have a bit of play? It seems to be the bottom bushing that is the most noticeable. This is my first boat, so not sure if that is normal, or if my bushings are out of spec. Beyond that, this this is a beast! Wasn't quite prepared for just how large this thing is in person - and like 1coopgt said above, the motor is no joke!
    My SonicWake (before installing the Boat Bitz dual-pickup rudder), and my Shockwave, both had a bit of "play" in the rudder...and, both are also by ProBoat/Horizon Hobby.

Yup there is a little play in the bushing on mine now that you mention it.

So is everyone running the strut all the way down in order to somewhat control the hopping?

Where do they get the 42 from? I have the Geico 36, and the hull is 36.5" long. My new BlackJack 42 hull is 39.5" long.

Maybe they're including all the hardware out back?

My BJ42 seems to have a gyro in the radio, how do you turn it off?

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastNow View Post
    My BJ42 seems to have a gyro in the radio, how do you turn it off?
    What makes you say this?

Could be, I have a couple of Spektrum equipped cars with gyros but adjustments are made on the radio.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast