Thread: RC Boat Bitz adjustable stinger for Sonicwake 36

Default RC Boat Bitz adjustable stinger for Sonicwake 36

Hey Guys,

I just purchased the RC Boat Bitz dual rudder pick-up kit w/ adjustable stinger. Everything was pretty straight forward expect: Where do I need to cut the stuffing tube to mount the stinger? Flush with the rubber grommet or back a bit further? And what is best tool to use to cut the stinger? Dremel or small pipe cutter (which I dont have)?? I figured I would reach out and see if anyone has done this mod before and could offer some help

Thanks,

-Fireman

I ended up with a little bit of the stuffing tube hanging out, not flush. I just trimmed a bit at a time (dremel) until the stinger fit. You also need to trim the rubber grommet.

Thanks tbone,

I figured it out and it came out great...didnt trim the grommet as it sat pretty good after tightening everything down...it did cross my mind though. I am putting a Seaking 180amp ESC in the boat to cool things down for 2- 3s 8000mah packs. Its still getting hot (single 6s 5500mah pack) even with the dual in-take rudder. Motor is ok though. do you know if the SK 180 fits in stock or do I need to make mods?

Mine has a SeaKing 180a in it. I took a piece of flat plastic, and drilled holes in it to use as a mounting plate.

Quote Originally Posted by tbonemcniel View Post
    Mine has a SeaKing 180a in it. I took a piece of flat plastic, and drilled holes in it to use as a mounting plate.
    OSE has a CF mounting plate for the SeaKing 180A.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place