Thread: Motor KV and RPM question

Default Motor KV and RPM question

I am looking at a boat which has 2000KV motor and is listed to run on 2x2S or 2x3S packs. on 2x2S it will produce 29,000 rpms, and with a 2x3S it will be 44,000 rpms. My question is, since I will run 2x3S packs, isn't 44,000 rpm way too much? Will this combination work? The boat is a 37" catamaran.

What size is the motor? Yes, 44,00 rpm unloaded is a lot, but depends on how you run. How will you run the cat: oval racing, general sport running, speed runs? How long do you want to run? What speed do you want? Exactly what batteries will you run? Exactly what ESC?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    What size is the motor? Yes, 44,00 rpm unloaded is a lot, but depends on how you run. How will you run the cat: oval racing, general sport running, speed runs? How long do you want to run? What speed do you want? Exactly what batteries will you run? Exactly what ESC?

I am interested in straight runs. The boat in question is the TFL Genesis with Seaking 180A SSS 4082 2000KV motor. What I am trying to know is if it is realistic for this combination to run well on 6S which will produce about 44,000 rpms. The boat in this combination is listed as a 4S/6S.

The Genesis will run fine with that setup on 6S is propped accordingly. It's a narrow hull and turns poorly, but for just making strait line passes it does well.

Running on 6s you will have higher speed and the rest depends on what you want to do.

Straight line passes with time to cool down afterwards can use a bigger propeller then continuous racing.

Looking for straight line speed you should be ok.