Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wave Blasters of Florida 1st Invitational Race

If my P-mono and Sv run as well as they did last friday, I should be somewhat competitive, but I quess that really depends on how fast everyone else is. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Don't forget us! I left a post earlier saying I would be bringing prizes too!

Mini Cat Racing USA www.minicatracingusa.com

Jim Slaughter
    Yes THANK YOU MINI CAT RACING sorry about that Jim Ken miised that post

OK looks like heats will run as follows

sv stock
    sv stock
    p-spec hydro
    sv mod
    sv mod
    lsh
    lsh
    lsh
    n-2 mono
    p-mono
    p-mono
    p-mono
    Q-offshore

subject to change just trying to give you a idea looking at 13 heats for 3 rounds should be finnished up around 4:00 thats what were shooting for

Did you guys receive my package yet?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Default Thanks Steven Vaccaro

Hey Steve,
    Yes we sure did receive your package, thanks a million. As I stated in an earlier post, all the support is very much appreciated by our club. This will certainly help cover some of the shortages on costs for this race. Maybe next year if we plan further ahead we may be able to get you to travel down here for the race.
    Take Care,
    Ken
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Default Race Sponsor Update

Originally Posted by Ken Haines
    The Wave Blasters would like to sincerely thank the following people and companies for voluntarily stepping up to the plate with very appreciated door prizes to help offset some of the costs of our very first big race. None of them were solicited for this help. They all read about our race on the forums and gave us or Don Wollard a call wanting to know if they could help. What great gestures, this says a lot about the state of our current FE community, especially considering the economy.
    Below is a list in alphabetical order;
    Astec Models and Electronics: Thanks to Allan Shillitto
    Flight Power / Marine Power: Thanks to Steve Rogers
    Kintec Racing.com: Thanks to Jan Kinley
    Mini Cat Racing USA: Thanks Jim Slaughter
    Offshore Electrics: Thanks to Steven Vaccaro
    Rum Runner Hobbies: Thanks to Doug Twaits
    Rum Runner Racing: Thanks to Don Wollard
    South River RC: Thanks to Jim Williams

The club would be remise if we did not thank the company’s that helped us have a successful picnic this past fall.
    Castle Creations: Thanks to Joe Ford
    RC Lipos: Thanks to Pat

Things are really going well as we ready for this event and the weather looks phenomenal. Hopefully everyone is getting their boats tuned and ready as well !!
    More updates to follow.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Haines View Post
    Hey Steve,
    Yes we sure did receive your package, thanks a million. As I stated in an earlier post, all the support is very much appreciated by our club. This will certainly help cover some of the shortages on costs for this race. Maybe next year if we plan further ahead we may be able to get you to travel down here for the race.
    Take Care,
    Ken
    Thats good news. I was just worrying that it may not get there in time.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I'm getting excited..this will be my first FE boat race...cant wait

WE did get a permit for one of our club members (Rick Workman) to stay the night at the pond for security so we can set up the pit areas ect.

The gen will be there around 10;00 sat sunday morning we will not be able to fire up any generators untill 9:00 sunday morning so make sure you have everthing charged or use the car battery to charge

we will have a vender there on sunday for food and drinks

See you in a few days
    Mike

Can we bring our own generators? Just can't start them up before 9a.m. on Sunday? Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by mike martin View Post
    WE did get a permit for one of our club members (Rick Workman) to stay the night at the pond for security so we can set up the pit areas ect.

The gen will be there around 10;00 sat sunday morning we will not be able to fire up any generators untill 9:00 sunday morning so make sure you have everthing charged or use the car battery to charge

we will have a vender there on sunday for food and drinks

See you in a few days
    Mike

Default Generators

We are providing power for noise reasons. We would prefer everyone use our power. You will need extension cords. Our Pond is in a neighborhood park , the last thing we need is to upset a neighbor over aloud generator and then eventually loose our lease on the pond. Please help us with this.
    Thanks, Ken Haines

No problem Ken! I'm glad I asked the question. Can't remember the last time I went to a race that there weren't a bunch of generators running. I'll leave mine at home!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Haines View Post
    We are providing power for noise reasons. We would prefer everyone use our power. You will need extension cords. Our Pond is in a neighborhood park , the last thing we need is to upset a neighbor over aloud generator and then eventually loose our lease on the pond. Please help us with this.
    Thanks, Ken Haines

Just checked in at Best Western nice room, heading down to race site now to check out course. See you all at the race.
    Hugh

Hey Hugh, ask around if anyone wants to share a room. I've got one all to myself at the Best Western right now. Willing to split the cost. I'll be in there around noonish tomorrow. Mike and Jeff probably about the same. What's your room number?

Jim
    Last edited by sailr; 03-13-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Room 125-S. I went by the race site about 6:30 didn't see any of the racers. I probably will go to lake about 10:00 in the morning. See you there.
    Hugh

well be there around 7:30 am to do some course work do you need directions to the tiki bar

Yes will be looking for tiki bar tommorow afternoon!

Good luck fellas, I wish I could be there!!!!

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Tiki Bar?? I knew there was a reason why I'm going through this suffering........

You know you love soldering connectors on batteries during happy hour on Friday nite.

OK Hugh, see you tomorrow!

All I can say is WOW!

The Waveblasters did a FANTASTIC job of putting on the meet! First class organization. This was the first ever sanctioned meet they had put on and all I can say is there are a lot of boat clubs that have done tons of meets that could learn from the Waveblasters.

Everything went off like clockwork! There were 28 registered boaters and somewhere around 60 boats running in a bunch of classes. People came from as far away as New York all the way to Sunny south Florida. Ken Haines and his lovely wife hosted everybody that wanted to come, at his beautiful home on Saturday night. You oughta see his game room! Fun had by all. THANKS KEN!

The Waveblasters is a first class club made up of a bunch of first class people! If you ever get a chance to visit them or attend an event at their site be sure to do so. This was my first visit but it won't be my last!

Thanks Ken, Mike, et al. You guys are THE BEST! I had a blast.

Jim Slaughter
    Last edited by sailr; 03-17-2009 at 08:04 AM.

Awesome job guys. A seamless, well organized event and worth the rip from Tampa. Thanks again.

Mike

trip

Default Race Results

Sunday – March 15th, 2009

Here is the latest from the WAVE BLASTERS of FLORIDA
    Fast Electric News – SPECIAL RACE NEWS EDITION - The first Wave Blasters Invitational Race was held this weekend at our regular pond site under fantastic weather conditions and a super turnout with 26 boaters competing in 7 classes with 67 boats.

Most of Saturday was spent on last minute details of site preparation, registering boaters, and lots of practice runs and fine tuning. Sunday morning started bright and early with final registration and the drivers meeting. Racing began approximately 9:30 AM, a break for lunch after the first round and then two more rounds of racing ending at 5:30 PM. A long and busy day but everybody seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves.

Photos will be added here but wanted to get the Race Results posted as soon as possible. Be sure and check back daily for new additions.

Below are the trophy winners in each class. Winner photos also to follow.
    (see our web-site) Waveblasters.org
    Bud Johansen

SV Stock
    1st - Paul Mainville - Port St. Lucie, FL
    2nd - Ken Haines - Stuart, FL
    3rd - Phil Hale - Ft. Pierce, FL

SV Modified
    1st - Ken Haines - Stuart, FL
    2nd - Terry Cowger - Port St. Lucie, FL
    3rd - Jason Sims - Daytona Beach, FL

LSH (Limited Sport Hydro)
    1st - Doug Twaits - Dingsmans Ferry, PA
    2nd - Mike Paganelli - Rye Brook, NY
    3rd - Hugh Ebner - Lakeland, FL

P-Spec Hydro
    2nd - Mike Martin - Ft. Pierce, FL
    3rd - Mike Paganelli - Rye Brook, NY

N-2 Mono
    1st - Ken Haines - Stuart, FL
    2nd - Doug Twaits - Dingsmans Ferry, PA
    3rd - Ron Desmond - Ft. Pierce, FL

P-Mono
    2nd - Mike Harvey - Lutz, FL
    3rd - Terry Cowger - Port St. Lucie, FL

Q-Offshore
    1st - Mike Paganelli - Rye Brook, NY
    2nd - Ken Haines - Stuart, FL
    3rd - Mike Harvey - Lutz, FL

We are really glad to hear so many of you had a great time and are grateful for the replies people have written.
    Thanks to everyone for coming and everyone's patience through-out the weekend.
    Please also give us feedback on whether you think we could host the 2010 FE Nats. at the same pond site.
    Thanks Again,
    Ken

2010 FE nats? Yes! I'm in!

You should absolutely host the Nats. You guys have a great location! I agree with everyone else, you guys did a great job with the race. I really enjoyed talking with different people and learning a little bit from the more experienced guys. Its nice when people are willing to help each other. Now I just have to finish more races next time.

yes I was impressed the first time I checked the WB pond out.....nice shady grounds with a surreal atmosphere

I showed up on Sunday to check a few heats....this was my first time attending a FE boat race and the first thing that amazed me was how the poor guys that either wrecked or just quit for some reason had to wait for the heat to be over before they got rescued...its pretty logical but never realized that's how its done....hopfully I will enter the race next time

Default A Final Thank You

This is the Wave Blasters final "Thank You" to everyone that helped make our first big race so very successful. First a big thank you to all the sponsors that donated prizes for the raffle and in turn kept the race financially in the black. These sponsors all voluteered there support just by viewing these posts. What a really impressive show of support for FE. I will simply list all of them in alphabetical order:
    Aeromarine boat hulls: Thanks to Remy Haynes
    Astec Models and Electronics: Thanks to Allan Shillitto
    Flight Power / Marine Power: Thanks to Steve Rogers
    Kintec Racing.com: Thanks to Jan Kinley
    Mini Cat Racing USA: Thanks Jim Slaughter
    Offshore Electrics: Thanks to Steven Vaccaro
    Rum Runner Hobbies: Thanks to Doug Twaits
    Rum Runner Racing: Thanks to Don Wollard
    South River RC: Thanks to Jim Williams

We would also like to thank all the racers who traveled to our race, without all these guys it would have been just another club race. A special thanks to Doug Twaits and Mike Paganelli who came all the way from Pennsylvania and New York.
    Pete Forcier, Mike Harvey, Hugh Hebner, Mike Paganelli, Ray Rankl, Jason Sims, Jim Slaughter, Ray Rankl, Scott Tillotson, Doug Twaits, Jeff Westbrook, & Don Wollard

We would be remiss if we did not thank our own Wave Blasters club racers who did well competing in most cases in their very first non-club race.

Albert Cline, Terry Cowger, Ron Desmond, Ken Haines, Phil Hale, Glenn Howell, David Johnston, Jeff Mainville, Paul Mainville, Mike Martin, Richard Place, Robert Place, Carl Slater, Bill Tripp, Rick Workman.

We need to thank the following club members who did not race, but helped run this race.

Bud Johansen
    GB Robbins
    Al Cline Sr.
    Marty Ehrman

Also special Thanks to Rick Workman for staying overnight as security for the pond site on Saturday night. We need to thank the whole club who did a phenominal job in the set-up and tear down off all the equipment at the pond.

Unfortunately I'm sure I inadvertantly missed someone, please do not think that all involved were not appreciated, they truly are.
    We beleive this race went very well, we had almost no negative feedback. We hope this has gotten us ready to host the 2010 FE Nats. After talking to all who attended we are reconsidering using our regular pond. Initially we thought it was a little too small, but unless we heard wrong the racers from out of town felt it was just fine. Please let us know if anyone does think we need to find a larger pond for the Nats. There are some others available, but our regular site does have very good wind resistance, and seldom do we have too rough of water to have a good race.
    Again, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to all who helped and attended !!
    We are going to list the full final results of all the entries on the web-site in the next couple of days.
    See Waveblasters.org and go to the race results link on the updates tab. I'm always curious myself where I finished when I travel, especially if I did not place 1st,2nd or 3rd, so we thought we should make a full listing.
    This post is already way too long, but I must add that hopefully we all support Terry Davis and the Michigan club at this years FE Nats in September. We hope to host in 2010 and would really like to have everyone travel to Florida !!
    Thanks Again, Ken

Thanks again for an awesome job. You're organization skills and consideration of the FE challenges should serve as a template for those that follow. Regarding your ability and your venue for hosting a national event ( in my opinion), you are ready. Sign our group up for the next event.

Mike

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast