Thread: Sky RC Lipo Charger questions

Default Sky RC Lipo Charger questions

I have a Sky RC BC6A Pro Charger. I was charging my Gen Ace 6S 5500 Mah today and when the charger was complete it showed the battery only had 2643Mah. Does this mean I am not getting full run times with this battery because the the Mah isnt being fully re-charged? I was charging it at 5.5A per the instructions. Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Fireman

It means you put 2643 mAh back into it, which means it was down to about 2850mAh when you started charging. Lipo batteries don't get run down to zero, well, they can, but then they get really cranky.

Charging at 5.5A on a 5500mAh pack is considered 1C charge rate and that has nothing to do with how much charge you put back into the battery. It's the speed, or amount of time it takes to do so. I charge most of my packs at 1.5C or sometimes 2C if I'm short on time. In the case of a 5500mAh pack, that would be 8.25A or 11A respectively. Not all chargers can supply the power necessary to charge at more than 1C, and some lower quality packs are not recommended to be charged at more than 1C.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Weasel....thanks for the information and making it easy for me to understand! I appreciate your feed back. 100% makes sense!

You're welcome.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)