Thread: Boat Hull inlay

Default Boat Hull inlay

Hey all, new to boat building. Ordered a DF23 to build from Hull. I was wondering if doing some sort or carbon fiber or fiberglass inlay is necessary before installing electronics or if it is not needed in this size boat. I hope to get it up to about 40+ mph eventually. Does the inlay add needed structure and rigidity? Can I skip doing it? Is it difficult to do? Any help is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by eehess81 View Post
    Hey all, new to boat building. Ordered a DF23 to build from Hull. I was wondering if doing some sort or carbon fiber or fiberglass inlay is necessary before installing electronics or if it is not needed in this size boat. I hope to get it up to about 40+ mph eventually. Does the inlay add needed structure and rigidity? Can I skip doing it? Is it difficult to do? Any help is much appreciated.
    Since no one has answered…

While I haven’t owned a Delta Force boat, for something that size I don’t think it’s necessary for cf or glass.

Hope that helps.

It's not difficult to do, but there is a pretty good learning curve and messy the first few attempts. Not really necessary for that size hull and the speeds you're hoping to achieve. If you were looking to stiffen things up, you'd really only need to do the lower portion of the hull, essentially the ride pad area. Honestly, once the motor mount is glued it, that will likely add enough additional rigidity.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)