Thread: TLF Pursuite w/ flood chamber

Default TLF Pursuite w/ flood chamber

A few questions maybe someone can help me with:

I want to purchase the TFL Pursuit. Does the version with the flood chamber negatively effect the boats performance? If so how bad is it. Still deciding if I want to the version with the flood chamber or not. I have owned the Jetstream 888 and loved the boat but the flood chamber needed added weight and the cockpit area was super small, making working inside very hard. I sold it a while back but want a good boat (with plenty of room to work) in the 36" range. Other suggestions? I have heard the Pursuit was a legit hull and handles very well which is why I was looking at that.

Also what would be a good prop to put on this boat? I have read its a bit sluggish stock. I will be running 4s 50+C 5500mah. Would a new motor be in order as well?

Thanks for any help.

-Aaron

I have a 36 in proboat sonic wake that is self righting. I did a lot of work to improve performance and am still working on porpoising issues. But it has room to work and doesn’t need weight to roll over on its own.
    See my thread in rtr section.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I've been running 2 Pursuits successfully for 5 seasons now on 4s and they are hands down one of the best FE boats available today. Mine don't have flood chambers and I have never flipped one in all that time because they are very stable on the water. Both have Seaking 180 ESC's, single piece flex shafts and Octura sharpened balanced and thinned M445 props by OSE. One I run with the stock motor for sport running and the other has a Leopard 4074 2150Kv motor which turns the boat into a rocket.

I also have the 36" Sonicwake with the flood chamber and it's a very good boat but I like my Pursuits more. I found installing the RC Boat Bitz trim tabs solved a lot of handling and stability issues. It took me a while to get used to the flood chamber because the boat leans to that side when not up to speed. I'm glad my Pursuits don't have that feature.

A guy in out club just bought the self-righting Pursuit. It doesn't self right very well and porpoises pretty badly no matter how you trim it. He actually took the battery mount off the side of the flood chamber and put it in the keel and moved the ESC - it runs a lot better now. The boat is very under-propped out of the box - he is running the M445 as well - tons better. I have the older version of the Pursuit and love it! My opinion would be to for-go the self righting...
    FE Newbie - But I'm getting there!

2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono