Thread: Repair or parts

Default Repair or parts

New to the fourm and first post. Im going to be ordering some parts from here and I see you guys have a fourm to post and learn.

Well let me start by saying I just picked up a new sonicwake a week or two ago. I love the boat and it seems to be very do able. I been having some issues from the start. Minor....

The factory radio has a major range issue and glitching... Swapped it to test. And indeed a bad TX and Rx from factory. Boat took off and hit the shore. Scary event needless to say... Thank god no damage....

Next..the shaft breaks or explodes. Ripping the tube out the rear of the boat and melting the mount point for it. Yes...I properly lubed it. And made sure the tip was clean and grease free before inserting in the collar and tightening it. Also made sure it had proper gap for srinking under load.

So my question is. What would be a good radio to swap out the rtr one with... I have no faith or trust in it. Especially with what the boat cost. And were can I order the center tray? And best way to remove it? I would think the design would be ready for a issue like this. I emailed support. But I think im about to get the cold shoulder. Cause today I called and seemed to be blown off today. I just wanted to make sure the pictures and videos I sent were received. And the c/s said no and was going to email me back right away. But that was a no go. The last rep I talked too hasn't replied back.

So I rather fix it myself and get it ready for the trip I had plans for. Cause I doubt that im going to have this fixed anytime soon if I wait. I even offered to ship to them on my dime to get the process started and was told no today.

Anybody have any ideals??? Please don't laugh at the stand...first time and right off the top of my head.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've always used either Futaba or Tactic radios in my boats and have never had any issues with them. PS your stand looks very good to me

for the radio glitch if you have a rc plane or car just use that tx and rx , for the flex shaft did you check if the propshaft runs free, you can change the singer for a tfl singer and flex shaft (look at youtube ironclad rc )and never run the boat in reverse because the flex shaft unwind

Hello all new to the forum,
    have a sonicwake v2 36, I run the boat with 2 configuration 1 with 4s 8000mah 240c and then with 6s 5300 srd speed from SMC 250c , on 4s it's all good but on 6s I strip the flex shaft within seconds, so yesterday I took the flex shaft off and also the bracket that holds the stuffing tube from inside the hall and some rubber that holds the stuffing tube to my surprise the rubber that may be called grease catcher is shredded, so I started Google for the part and can not find the part, no phone number for HH support, if you know what I am talking about please help.
    I have ordered flex shaft from OSE and new coupler as I can not solder the shaft to build up.
    Thank you
    Ben