Thread: Prop selection question for newbie to f/e

Default Prop selection question for newbie to f/e

Looking for a base starting point for prop on a ?budget build? I?m doing. It?s a 58? atomic cat that now has carbon inlay with a 730kv aqua star being pushed by a 130hv seaking on 12s.

Yes I know it?s not an ideal setup but I didn?t have over a grand just to drop on electronics. Just trying to find a decent starting point for a prop, boat weighs a little under 10lbs with the 2 6s packs and my cog is at 34% from the stern. Boat is only being used for speed in a straight line pretty much since I have a few gassers to run laps.
    Any help is appreciated thank you for your time!
    Last edited by Racer_turner; 04-03-2021 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Punctuation

I am new to the boating world and came to this thread because I too need help with a prop recommendation for my new cheeta coming. I know there’s a calculation somewhere but I’m going through the forum looking for it right now.
    and you may want to be careful running on 12s with only 130amp esc? Idk much about electronics however my new boat has a 220 amp and it’s only rated for 6 to 8s tops. Which sucks because I’m a rc heli guy and have all kinds of 6s packs laying around and I really want to run 12s but I may have to buy like a 300 amp esc or something huge that will handle 12s!
    I’m not trying to confuse you, I’d just be very careful running speed passes with such a small ESC!

I went with the 130a at first because I was told up the voltage and the amperage load drops. But I did bite the bullet last week and picked up a 300amp from Steve. So only weak link I should have in the system now will be flex shaft and hardware.