Thread: wire connections

Default wire connections

Couple of questions,

I'm using all E5's connectors (2s,4s,6s) (Tfl Zonda twin, motley crue, Pro boat BJ v3) All have stock motors, but upgraded esc's.

First thing is, I have had to fill up the female side of the connector's with so much solder (wire size was too small on motors, esc's for a decent fit) that I'm worried about over heating, de-soldering, high amperage and what ever, because of so much solder. What can you do to fill in the "space" between the female connector and wire dia. so you don't need to use a gob of solder?
    Solder some some spacers into the oversize connector to a manageable size for the wire dia?

Next Question:
    On my tfl Zonda twin carbon,

Mostly run 4s, occasional 6s. Just wondering what a good motor that holds up (10-15 runs a year) would be a good choice? (received my stimulus check so need to help economy out lol)

Currently using stock sss 2075kv motors (180 seaking esc's, dashbotas 1718props, i think) reaching 100mph (happy with that, not trying to beat MADRCER, but like to go really really fast every once in awhile)

Have a great Easter everyone,
    Time to go and check the Bald eagles and their eaglets up the road,

John

Cool

I can?t give an experienced answer to question number two, but your first question reminds me of the same issue I had when using large connectors on small wire. I used two solutions:

1) Strip an inch to an inch and a half of insulation off the wire and fold the wire back and forth several times to get the correct length. This retains all the copper and when soldered into the connector takes up most if the space you are now filling with solder. The wire gauge and connector size will determine how many folds you need.

2) Wrap some solid copper wire (I use 20 ga.) around the stripped end of the wire until you obtain the diameter you need to reduce the gap.

Both methods require a hot iron and patience, but they solve the gap problem.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

My word,
    Never thought of that, I think what I going do is strip back 2 inches or so, fold over, solder together and see how it fits. If and when I feel there's still to much "play" that I'm comfortable with, I'll wrap it with some 20 ga. wire to get a nice fit without so much solder.
    Yea, won't forget to put shrink tube on it as well.

Thanks,
    John
    PS: Sometimers disease get's involved and can't think right or able to come up with solutions to easy answers LOL