Thread: Bad News for Legg Lake boaters

Default Bad News for Legg Lake boaters

Parking access
    thru the Farmer Field
    is closed until further notice.

We have currently received notice from the Los Angeles County Park & Recreation, and the Army Corp. of Engineers that the access road that we have used for over 50 years has been locked until further notice. Although we have several letters on Army Corp. letterhead dating back several years, grand fathering and granting us permission to access using the Southern California Edison right of way easement. We are trying to reach out to the "powers to be", but have not had much luck. The model boat area still remains open, but only accessible by walking your equipment into the park. YOU MAY NOT DRIVE INTO THE PARK.

2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

That sucks Tony. That’s a long way to haul boats, gear and generators.... ☹️

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    That sucks Tony. That?s a long way to haul boats, gear and generators.... ☹️

No problem - My new backpack will hold all three toolboxes, two tables & chairs, canopy, generator & gas can, lunchbox and beverage cooler, several boats + my pit man Shorty.

backpack.jpg

'Course the Nationals are scheduled there in September
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Now offering dynamic investment opportunity : South El Monte Sherpa Services : Should be up and running by late August/ Early September 2021 (which coincidentally coincides with the NAMBA Nationals at Legg Lake )

sherpa.jpg

That's a shame. It is a part time closure? That would be a killer for the 50th Namba nationals in September.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    That's a shame. It is a part time closure? That would be a killer for the 50th Namba nationals in September.
    I'm sure that "the powers that be " are on it but ??? I would imagine Nationals are questionable until the right of way is re-established.

Holy crap. I have nightmares about these kinds of things.
    Noisy person

Wow....almost started to sign-up today.
    Must have my trailer.....hopefully it gets worked out.
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

We are working with all parties involved and we have made some great headway already. The nationals will be held at Legg Lake this year.

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO ENTER BEFORE APRIL 30TH TO BE IN THE DRAWING FOR A ARTR GAS MONO!!!

See you all in LA!

Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Holy crap. I have nightmares about these kinds of things.

I had a bad feeling this stuff was going to happen. I think the same or similar might happen up here for the Can AM... Hope not!

Insurance rates for events could go nuts also causing issues, again, I hope not.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Most of my race nightmares include a weed growth such that you could walk across the lake.....OR....a drought that leaves us a puddle.
    Noisy person