Thread: HPR Outside disconnect plugs

Default HPR Outside disconnect plugs

I just bought a used HPR C5009 115 Bulletproof CK from a guy and it has these disconnect plugs on the outside. They are 4mm plugs and the ESC's are Seakings 180's, they had the stock switches on each ESC's. The 4mm external plugs were not used. I was checking the external plugs and there is a short in them. So I stripped the shrink wrap of the plug wires to check and nothing wrong. My question is, does CF conduct elect. As you can see the plugs are epoxied in from the bottom side, what is the problem here. Any advice of what is going on here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, quite a common problem especially in Europe, where the loop is mandatory for racing. In a carbon boat, those plugs need to be insulated or you have to use a fiberglass plate to install them through the boat wall.
    Normally it will only conduct a very low current, but enough to power the Rx and the ESC boards. It will cut off if you move a servo or accelerate.
    Take them out with a bit of heat (soldering iron in the plug from the outside) and, if you still want to use the loop, enlarge the two holes a bit, install the plugs on a 3-4mm fiberglass plate and glue in place making sure the metal does not touch the carbon fibre.