Thread: What resin is used to make the voracity hull

Default What resin is used to make the voracity hull

I am rebuilding this horizan hobby voracity hull. It?s crap and splitting and the layup is paper thin. Shi am going to add a little fiberglass glass resin layup on top of the current .

Who knows, not a guess what resin is used to make that hull. Exopy, poloyester or something else.

Thanks Tom

I am going to give you what you asked not for, a guess. I am fairly confident that it will be vinylester resin, almost all glass RTRs use it these days, have a look at the glass if it is chopped strand mat it will be polyester resin, if it is woven cloth it could be vinylester or epoxy, but as epoxy is so expensive all the low and mid range RTRs use vinylester, as far as I know Tenshock (Promarine could be another exception, I hear they are high end, but I have never seen one) are the only manufacturer of RTRs that use epoxy glass that are big enough to get one off the shelf, all the others are artisan cottage indusrtries that will make the odd RTR to order.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I will add on to Paul. This is just a general bit of composites info. Carbon fiber requires epoxy resin. You can use poly/vinylester with kevlar, but why even use kevlar if you cheap out on the resin?