Thread: Blue receiver box

Default Blue receiver box

Whats the little peice of foam for that comes with??

I have never used one of these yet but I had a kit in the one of the parts drawers here and decided to take a look. From I can see you have to cut a proper length of the stuff (foam?) to cover the rectangular hole in the TOP cover and then stick it carefully
    to the smaller rectangular piece with the two screw holes in it. You have to stick it butted in such a way that when your wires going to the receiver are in place going thru the hole and you are screwing the small (two screw) cap in place the rubber seals the hole in the lower box where your nice dry receiver resides. WHEW!! Hope that makes sense to you - Good Luck!!

PS It (the foam) or (rubber) gets attached to the little top cap which is the last piece you will put in place. Make sure to get the stuff lined up correctly or you will be doing a lot of work for nothing! If it leaks it will be worse than if your receiver
    was just in the open in the boat. I have seen boats that have been under water for hours brought up by divers and by opening up the rcvr case and some tender use of a hair dryer the receiver was usable again. (and sometimes NOT!)