Thread: Flier 300amp ESC, Maytech rec'r, UBEC, BLDC config question

Default Flier 300amp ESC, Maytech rec'r, UBEC, BLDC config question

Hello,

Having trouble getting throttle to work with rest of configuration. Maytech (throttle/receiver manufacturer) said I had to use the BEC (black/green device) in the system.

New to this and have taken it about as far as I can. Any help would be appeciated. Picture shows unwired components after testing. Not the suggested config.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why not just use a receiver Battery?

The way you have that it will never work!
    The esc needs to plug into channel two.
    Get rid of that horrible looking bec thing.
    Get an rx battery.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Since you're new to this, let's cover some basics. A receiver needs power, and is usually powered by the ESC when you plug it into the throttle channel on the receiver. This is only the case when the ESC has a BEC circuit built-in. BEC stands for battery eliminator circuit. It uses power from your main battery, regardless of the voltage, to power the receiver with 6V. Your Flier 300A ESC does not have a built-in BEC, which is why you were recommended to run an external BEC. As several other members in this thread have mentioned, the preferred method with the higher amp ESC's is to not use an external BEC in favor of using small LiFe receiver battery that plugs directly into the receiver on any open plug. I like to use the 900mAh Spektrum battery available at OSE.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

thanks to those that responded. I have extra batteries, I'll wire one of those up to the rx. Then I'll change the rx to channel 2 and see how that works. I thought you just plugged it into PWM pin. that could explain why it won't sync to tx. Like I said, new to this. I'll update when I'm able to work on it again (3 days

Matt,
    something to consider about battery type. Many use a 2s LiFe battery because it is 6.6 volt (3.3 volt per cell). This is for a typical receiver voltage between 4.8 and 6.6 volts. If you use a 2s Lipo battery then the minimum voltage seen will be 7.4 volts (3.7 volts per cell). High voltage receivers (7.4 volts) are used when the servo requires a minimum 7.4 volts. Many report no issue using a higher voltage 2s Lipo on a basic receiver, but really a LiFe should be used.