Thread: Possibly the fastest mono in the world and it was only on 4s.

Default Possibly the fastest mono in the world and it was only on 4s.

https://youtu.be/iuCtDc2fRjg

This must be the fastest mono I have ever seen. It was running on 4s.

Cool

I watched the first NAMBA 100+ mph FE mono record at the LA SAWs in 2014, 108+ mph on either 8S or 10S. The record has been raised since then in Europe. The boat in the video is quick and may be the fastest you?ve seen, but it?s nowhere near 100 mph. Cool video though, thanks for posting.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

https://youtu.be/7akRg65KzzQ

I am posting this video to give you guys a better idea of the area the previous boat covered.

The boat I said is possibly the fastest mono in the world covered the area so fast combined with the fact that they was alot of zoom on the video.

So you can see that the boat looks quick but you cannot appreciate what the boat is doing without seeing the area the boat covered.

By the way they is a race at a minute and 40 seconds into the video. The yellow boat is probably the second fastest 4s pursuit in the world after the one I posted first.

Sounds like you owe it to us to go to the SAW races and get the numbers to back the claims. I bet people would stop questioning you then.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I was sponsored by TFL for a while. The first video is a terrible running Pursuit. I would put it in the mid 50's. Center of gravity too far aft or the strut angle is off. Without running it through the traps there's no way to know for certain.

Still love my Pursuits. Easy boats to drive. They do tend to speed wobble if run too loose though.
    Noisy person

If you watch the video to the end, it shows the GPS - 63KPH = about 40MPH
    Last edited by TRUCKPULL; 03-09-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

I would wholeheartedly agree that your Pursuit is by far the fastest mono in your video

By virtue of your effort you have earned entrance into the coveted ZSP/WTS* ranks

*(ZoomSplashPlop/What'sThat Smell)

Here's Ralphie in 2014 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhD7K9ettBk

Ralph in 2020 :Mono Record at 121.7 mph / fast pass 126.7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HSBcM8smXQ

C'mon to the next NAMBA SAWs - I'll buy you lunch if you beat Ralph's latest record-even if you don't -'Tho I'd suggest you first iron out some stability issues

BTW your run area is gorgeous !
    Last edited by properchopper; 03-08-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    If you watch the video to the end, it shows the GPS - 63KPH = about 50MPH

63KPH = 39.1 MPH
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

The second one the gps is mph, not kph. Secondly I have varified that that gps reads low that my suv's speedometer. And it also reads lower than the garmin gps by 3 mph. So the second is really 65 to 66mph on 4s.

The first one is so fast that if the second was racing it the 2 boats would not be on the same frame for the video on a 1 to 1 setting.

My motor is a leopard 4092 rewinded to a really high kv. Pulling like 400 amps plus peak on 4s.

The other pursuit is running a bigger motor with an even higher kv.

Not sure of his kv but I am guessing around 50000 rpm on 4s. And we are not running no small props either.

Theses motors are super powerful motors.

It would probably take a 2260/4 lehner to compete with my rewinded leopard 4092 on 4s.

And you might need a 2280/3 lehner to compete with the motor in the black pursuit.

The black pursuit gps close to 80mph on gps on 4s. But I feel he doing more. He a distance of over 500 feet in the video.

The camera man had zoom in on the boat so the distance does not look nowhere as long as it really is.

And if you look at time on the video you will realize that boat covered the distance super quick.

So just as it look super quick is really is super quick.

So do the maths picture a neu 1527 2300kv on 6s with one of those abc 1814 17 45 props. In a 32 inches carbon fiber pursuit. Imagine how fast that would be with some super powerful lipos and everything properly soldered. That should give a better picture of what that guy boat is doing on 4s.

I saw a guy run a lehner a 2240 5 turn the one thats rated at 2958kv loaded on 6s in a revolt 30 with an x640. And I must say that revolt was fast but nowhere close to the speeds of that black pursuit on 4s.

So thats a 80000rpm unloaded setup that can compete with some 4s setups that we have.

80000rpm on a lehner 2240 now.

Cool

OP, you can make all the claims you want, but there is a reason that there are governing bodies which verify boat speed records. The current NAMBA SAW record for a P mono is 80.6 mph. That is far far faster than the boat in the video. It is a verified speed through measured traps, not a silly GPS reading. If you want to claim ?fastest in the world? then you have to come to a sanctioned event and prove it.

Talk is cheap, and GPS speeds - as you yourself claim - are suspect.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I will share the kv of my rewinded leopard 4092.

The kv is 2752. It revs 45000rpm unloaded on 4s. And I am running a modified x450 octura prop.

So thats a long can motor with a lot of rpm with a modified x450. That my 65mph 4s setup.

The other pursuit have a much more powerful motor than mine. Longer can with an even higher kv.

And it not a tp it an even more powerful motor.

I think the prop was an abc 1814 17 45.

I sharing my setup so you guys will have an idea what to try.

My leopard would need 8mm connects for how much strans of wire it has. Way bigger than any regular leopards.

For reference,
    H&M Mono, 3060 Lehner spinning a X457, unloaded RPM's 40k+ range.
    speed in that video around 85mph. has done more with some fine tuning.

Filmed by mother from shoreline, im out in my zodiac...

Manuel has a 100mph+ mono for sale ready for someone to rig... I did consider it before my larger mono purchase.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...69737-249-8591
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder

Also think about this my boat runs on the trim tabs. Also the whole boat runs out of the water. And it is very stable while running. No bouncing or chime walking.

The prop lifts the bow and it is set so it does not blow over.

So what does a light and free running hull does for prop efficiency and speed.

What prop efficiency are you calculating?
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

About 80 percent efficiency. Iam using an octura x450 reduced to 45mm. So the pitch is close to a stock x450.

Then it a 2752kv 4092 which revs 45000rpm unloaded.

And the boat runs on the last inch or 2 on the back. Thats the yellow pursuit that you say 63 on the gps.

The black pursuit gps at 78mph on 4s.

20% slip is extremely good for a mono, plenty of record holding outriggers don't quite get there.

The black boats gps is pretty close to Tyler's 9 year old record. Bring that bad boy down to the Huntsville SAWs and put your name in the record books.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

I can give you a rival setup to match or exceed what he did.

You would need a neu 1530 .75d the one that have over 2700kv. You would need an abc 1814 17 45 2 blade. A flier 400 amp esc. And a revoletric 5000 70c 4s in a pursuit.

Trim the tabs with a little negative trim but just enough so the boat runs on the back alone.

A setup like this can compete with the black pursuit.

Anything more the 2 passes can damage the battery.

Rm Max Max
    @ Amps
    10V
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Motor - 1530/0.75D,, RPMs per Volt(KV) - 2640,, (Ohms) - 0.002,, Io @10 Volts - 6.00,, Max Volts - 23.. Max Amps - 242,,

The NEU specs say 2640KV- what wynd would be over 2700KV
    or would you be talking about a 1530/0.5D at 3950KV - OH I am sorry but that motor is A Max of 15V
    With all of your high RPM calculations I would have to say that you run HV packs, so this motor is NO GOOD to you.

I would suggest that you check what you type, before you push enter.

LJ
    Last edited by TRUCKPULL; 03-15-2021 at 12:14 AM.
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

It seems that neu are making them with stronger magnets now. Because I am seeing that the kv is lower on many of they motors.

Example the 1527 1d was 2300kv, and now it is 2200kv. Stronger magnets does that.

I would not be able to come to the Huntsville saw so I am sharing ideas so maybe someone might have other stuff to consider.

I those run my rc boat in salt water. The water in my area makes it had to get decent speeds. We need alot of power to make decent speeds.

Example the current namba p mono record has it listed that it was a deltaforce 26, with a lehner motor not sure what size or what kv and a 3853 prop.

I am guessing abc. 38mm by 53mm pitch.

I can say from what I have seen you would be lucky to do 55 or 60 in my area with a prop that size. That size prop would be inefficient on any size boat in our water.

I raced a guy who had a 3000 plus kv 2240 lehner. 4s against 4s he tried different size props. Using a 38mm octura I think I was beating him. With one of my slowest 4s setups. I think he tried a x640 I was beating that too with a leopard 4092 2080kv. I think he then used a 44mm cnc prop and was maybe 1 mph faster than me. I had in a 55mph setup. So basically he was doing in the 40's with both the 38mm and 40mm prop octura props.

And this is with a 3000 plus kv 2240 lehner motor.

So to attain speeds of around 65mph on 4s in our waters. It took a rewinded leopard 4092 with 2752kv and a x450 cut down to 45mm.

And the boat that did 78mph on 4s I am not sure of his kv but its a bigger motor than a 4092 and it also have a high kv.

To get 78mph on gps in my area is not easy. Twin motor 6s cats that has been upgraded is not doing it.

It took some rewired big can motors in the pursuit which is light and some real good props of atleast 45mm in diameter to do it.