Thread: Motor, ESC & prop recommendations

Default Motor, ESC & prop recommendations

I?m building a 1/6 scale 37 inch 9 lb (due to scale engine in rear), replica of the 1970?s styled ski boat used in the movie ?The Great Outdoors? starring John Candy and Dan Akroyd. I need specific motor ( brushed, brushless, In-runner or out-runner) as well as possible starting point prop and ESC. It will be more of a shelf queen than a competitor but I?d still like it to scoot fairly well. Lastly I?m hoping someone will how where I can purchase or have fabricated a one-piece 12 inch transom trim tab with 7 scale turnbuckles. It?s a commission work so money for a custom piece is not an issue. Thanks to all for your help/ advice.

That’s a hilarious movie and a cool project. Try posting this in the general forum for higher traffic.

Back in the late 80's, one of my sons ran a blue youngblood B mono. He wanted to name it after that movie, so on the sides of that hull we had "Suck My Wake" in big letters. Everybody lover that name.

1/6 scale, 36", not sure on weight. SUCK MY WAKE - I did not like the original brown boat to much, but never forgot the name. The guy that built the real boat is on FB, there is a page for the movie.

20201223_152312.jpg