I will put it down to a senior moment. I had not tested a boat for nearly three years and when I charged up the 6s batteries (3s2p) the ESC would cut out and reset itself with barely 1/4 throttle. The two 3s batteries are connected in series through a "Y" junction harness. When I connected the two batteries I did not check the tail of the "Y" that connects the batteries to the ESC. On testing the ESC would shutdown. I immediately suspected the ESC was going into low voltage shutdown and decided to check the programming. I have a program card but for some reason the card is not supplied with the correct harness (a cable with two female ends).

The Turnigy ESC, unlike the Seaking model, does not have a separate programming cable but has a standalone set of programming pins requiring a cable with two female ends to connect the programming pins to the programming card. I tried to do the transmitter method of programming with no success. I even severed the ESC power lead to the receiver and supplied the receiver with its own power source to no avail. After searching online for a method to program the ESC, I was about to give up and see if I could buy a programming cable when I noticed that the tail of the battery harness that connects to the ESC connection did not seem to be fully seated. Sure enough, with the connection correctly made the ESC ran perfectly. I must have wasted nearly two hours stuffing around for what should have been an obvious fix. My experience may help some one else avoid a lot of head scratching.