Thread: Traxxas Spartan Dual Trim Tab Issue

Default Traxxas Spartan Dual Trim Tab Issue

Recently got a brand new Traxxas Spartan. Have done all other upgrades besides the trim tabs so far. Did my research and ordered the RC Boat Bitz Dual Trim Tabs made specifically for the Spartan. I get them in and start looking at the installation and see that the holes on the trim tabs do not all align with the 2 pre made holes and the 2 dimples where they give you the option to put another set of trim tabs on. The dimples line up perfectly with where the screws would go on the inside so I had already put the holes in the dimples and revealed the threads on the inside (meaning I was in the right spot) but the trim tabs don?t align with those 2 holes and are 1/8 inch off. 2 single trim tabs would definitely work. Has this happened to anyone else? Can I run it with just the 2 screws in the original trim tab holes? I have asked others on Facebook and they must think I just randomly put in the holes but I know they?re the right ones because they align with the inside and they have clean threads on the inside. I would post pictures but I?m a new user and can?t see where it will let me do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Need pictures to help you out, sorry.

IMG_2147 (1).jpgIMG_2144.jpgHere are the holes i made in the dimples that came with the boat. They perfectly align with the inside and have the threads in them. And the other picture is showing how the holes do not line up

You are right RC Boat Bitz Dual Trim Tabs do not line up completely, I ran the the blue ones that OSE sales Product IDose-83020. I wouldn't run just two screws. That is just me tho.