Thread: New to RC! Purchased Zonda TFL 1133

Default New to RC! Purchased Zonda TFL 1133

Hope all is well, just wanted to say hello to everyone in the forum! I?m new to the RC world and just purchased a zonda tfl 1133 that I?m waiting for, still trying to gather all the parts I need to get it running. I appreciate all the help ahead of time. It?ll take me some time to get comfortable I?m sure but we all have to start somewhere!

(It is already a bit overwhelming considering how much there is to think about lol)

-Alan

Welcome Alan. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Is yours coming with the servo and radio or are you buying them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by 1coopgt View Post
    Welcome Alan. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Is yours coming with the servo and radio or are you buying them separately.
    I have to buy them both separately, I?ve been researching a lot about both items and trying to narrow it down between a futaba radio or spektrum. As far as the servo goes, I heard about savox model SW1211SG or SW1210SG. Any recommendations?

The Savox servos are noisy, and while they perform as advertised, the noise always bothered me. I've had good success with waterproof digital servos from Spektrum, specifically the S6230. As for radios, I really liked the ergonomics of the Spektrum DX5R, but got better range at my lake with the Futaba 4PX and 7PX.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    The Savox servos are noisy, and while they perform as advertised, the noise always bothered me. I've had good success with waterproof digital servos from Spektrum, specifically the S6230. As for radios, I really liked the ergonomics of the Spektrum DX5R, but got better range at my lake with the Futaba 4PX and 7PX.
    Ahh okay awesome, I?d have to see if the S6230 would fit in the zonda. Yeah I was thinking of getting the futaba 3pv or the 4pm