Thread: Veles 29 prop angle

Default Veles 29 prop angle

Have watched a couple vids people stating the prop angle on cats need to be close to parallel to the pads and mention of notching adjustment bracket out to do so. Had plans of making this mod but this boat I've always wondered about the aggressive angle of the prop/ flex assembly. It's almost like the stuffing tube is too long as it protrudes a little below the plane of the bottom in the curve. Not sure if this was done by design and the prop needs to be close to this angle. But it's unlike all of the recommendations I've seen. I've upgraded to the .187 flex and just added a savox servo. This is now on my radar to square up if needed. Thanks in advance for any opinions or input.

IMG_3916.jpg

That is way too much positive trim angle on that strut. Start somewhere near parallel and get your battery forward/rearward position in the trays dialed in to achieve a decent ride attitude while running before you go back to the strut and make additional adjustments. I'd be concerned you've been running your batteries too far forward to compensate for that much positive trim on the strut... to keep the bow of the boat down.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    That is way too much positive trim angle on that strut. Start somewhere near parallel and get your battery forward/rearward position in the trays dialed in to achieve a decent ride attitude while running before you go back to the strut and make additional adjustments. I'd be concerned you've been running your batteries too far forward to compensate for that much positive trim on the strut... to keep the bow of the boat down.

Only ran it a couple times, last time hit a speed of 64 before it did 5 flips in the air. That's kinda what I was thinking about the angle. But even if I adjust it, the way that struffing tube is, it seems to keep that angle. Just raises or lowers it. even if I would notch the slot in the bracket I don?t think I would have enough room to change the angle to where it needs to be. It looks to me like the stuffing tube is too long, but I find that hard to believe it was released like that.

I agree, looks a little long. The factory workers probably pull pre-cut lengths of brass tube on the assembly line that are all the same size, but my guess is that they just glued it in the wrong position, with too much hanging out the back. Remove the cable, slide the teflon liner up towards the motor, and trim the brass tub at the back end with a cut-off wheel on a dremel. Should be an easy fix.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    I agree, looks a little long. The factory workers probably pull pre-cut lengths of brass tube on the assembly line that are all the same size, but my guess is that they just glued it in the wrong position, with too much hanging out the back. Remove the cable, slide the teflon liner up towards the motor, and trim the brass tub at the back end with a cut-off wheel on a dremel. Should be an easy fix.

Ya I thought about doing that, I have already removed the teflon liner to allow the size of the .187 OSE cable. But if I did that I would have to trim the cable down as well correct?
    That's what I really dread doing....if I have to go that route.