Thread: Miss Geico twin 36 battery tray loose

Default Miss Geico twin 36 battery tray loose

Brand new out of the box , running 4s 4000, boat bounced, brought in to find battery tray completely loose !
    looks like no bonding between hull and tray mounting piece
    any body else seen this ?
    what?s the best repair ?
    very disappointing , need to get it back running quickly
    thanks in advance
    would 3m 5200 marine or JB weld marine be best for bonding the plastic tray to the fiberglass hull
    Last edited by Crackers55; 02-15-2021 at 08:08 AM.

I had a Geico and had the same problem, and i laminated the supports whit epoxy and carbon fiber(west system)it's a problem whit this boat, and i hope you check every bolt and lube the prop shafts and this boat needs a carbon inlay to stay in one peace

This is a common problem, going back to the original Zelos Twin hull. The mounting tabs below the main tray just aren't strong enough to carry the weight of the batteries in a hard landing. You'll need to remove the entire electronics tray and re-epoxy the tabs that have broken loose. I'd start by drilling out the center sections of each tab currently filled with cured epoxy. You need the additional surface area for a proper, high strength bond. Rough up all mating surfaces to improve adhesion, both the tabs and the fiberglass surface. Getting new epoxy like JB Weld or West Systems both underneath, in the middle, and around the entire perimeter of the tabs will hold them better than it came from the factory.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

E6000 Adhesive.... I use it even for Motor mounts.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/E6000-2-...7032/203279322

Take trays out. velcro on the floor two small strips on each end of the battery. wedge pool noodle between battery and deck.