Thread: CRC 50" mono hull

Default CRC 50" mono hull

I've been playing with FE boats for about two years now. I have the skill to make catamarans go fast (100+). It took a lot of testing and reading all your posts. Now I built a 50"mono hull (CRC 50") that I have no experience with. I have a single TP 5670 850Kv, 400A Flier esc, speedmaster hardware, running either 10 or 12S. I have tried many props on the boat and have gotten somewhere between 60 and 68mph. Tried running the stinger in almost all positions. The props that seem to work the best are 457, 460, and 462 (de-tongued, etc.). I thought that you could easily get 70 out of the boat without to much trouble. What kind of speeds can I expect? This is a fun boat that I do some racing against my friends. It handles awesome. We are all NAMBA members.
    Thanks for your replies. Eddie
    Attached Images Attached Images

No suggestions or help? Normally there is tons of advice.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieM41 View Post
    No suggestions or help? Normally there is tons of advice.
    For a 50" mono I'd say that's 68 is plenty fast, I use gas size props on my 48 Slayer with a lehner 650 kv and a mgm 40063 10s

Thanks for your reply!

The 5670 is a bit small for a 50” mono wanting to go 70+. Look at TP 5690 or Lehner 3080. Still though, 60-68 with your current setup is really good!

Thanks for the suggestion. Not to be a smart a$$, but the biggest 56mm TP motor is 5680. I'll try that or the Lehner(expensive).

Cool

There is something not right with his setup, on 10S and the x462 he ?should? be in the high-60s/low-70s. Impossible to guess from 1000s of miles away with no useful pics, but possibilities include:

- poor trim, running too wet...stinger height may be off, CG too far forward, etc.
    - binding driveline - what are the logged volts, amps and rpm for the 68 mph run?
    - packs have seen better days
    - ESC timing or transmitter endpoint settings not optimum
    - prop too small for the boat

Regarding the latter, IME a 57 mm prop is rather small for a large boat like the OP?s (effectively ~46?). He will likely have better success with a lower motor Kv and a prop between 65-75 mm. That hull was designed for large gas props, smaller props may have a thrust cone too narrow to efficiently push the boat. A larger motor might help a little bit, but a lower KV definitely will. No need for a Lehner, although they are great motors.

Too, this is a new hull with no reviews. It may have hooks, inadequate strakes, etc. that limit speed, don?t know...

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Something doesn't add up, my 45" mono is at 85mph 3060 lehner and 10s. x457.

my 66" mono is doing 70mph on 12s, 60mm 1.4 pitch, 127km/h - 78mph on 65mm props on 12s.

a 3080 Lehner is an animal, way more power than im using... in either boat. 66" is a twin.

I don't race tho only sport.
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder

If you want the biggest TP 56series it's the 90 (9KW peak 15 KW)look at tppower.de and they will help you perfect

Quote Originally Posted by EddieM41 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Not to be a smart a$$, but the biggest 56mm TP motor is 5680. I'll try that or the Lehner(expensive).
    Actually the 5690 is the biggest 56 mm can tp makes. I run one in my R-42 at 70+ mph.

It?s a special order motor that?s tough to come by. You can order a 5870 (same motor but with a smooth can) but the ribbed can needs special attention.

At $300 it?s close in mass to a Lehner 3060 at half the price.

Correction on my ?3080? suggestion above. I meant 3060. Sorry about the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    There is something not right with his setup, on 10S and the x462 he ?should? be in the high-60s/low-70s. Impossible to guess from 1000s of miles away with no useful pics, but possibilities include:

- poor trim, running too wet...stinger height may be off, CG too far forward, etc. COG 28-30%Stinger set from level to 1 -4 degrees up.
    - binding driveline - what are the logged volts, amps and rpm for the 68 mph run? Don't have but driveline has very little bend, cool to touch after 6 minutes
    - packs have seen better days 2 months old 60-70C Dinogy and Revolectrix
    - ESC timing or transmitter endpoint settings not optimum D wind - 0 degrees, transmitter used on several boats, endpoint fine
    - prop too small for the boat That I have tried the ones listed and when I get to the 462 I get too much heat

Regarding the latter, IME a 57 mm prop is rather small for a large boat like the OP?s (effectively ~46?). He will likely have better success with a lower motor Kv and a prop between 65-75 mm. That hull was designed for large gas props, smaller props may have a thrust cone too narrow to efficiently push the boat. A larger motor might help a little bit, but a lower KV definitely will. No need for a Lehner, although they are great motors.

Too, this is a new hull with no reviews. It may have hooks, inadequate strakes, etc. that limit speed, don?t know...

Sounds like I need a longer, lower kv motor, and some gas props. I don't know enough about the hull (hooks, inadequate strakes) to comment. Thanks for all the great ideas.