Thread: reinforcing zonda with cf

Default reinforcing zonda with cf

Here's the deal,

Boat is a carbon zonda twin (kv2027, sk180's, dashbotos 1716's) normally run on 4s (runs great). Tried running on 6s (just for sh*t and giggles) Flipped (need to adjust struts) got lucky without major damage other than a little split between hull and topside.
    Since I'm out of work at the moment and have time as well its really cold out, I would like to reinforce the hull/topside with cf. Been searching for a "video" on how best to do this (not much luck, probably not the right wordish?? of what I'm looking for)
    This will be me first time doing this and don't want to screw it up and make it look half ass'd job.

John

Pictures of the damage?

Damage was minimal (only about 1-2inches up near the front on starboard side) So what I did at the time (before I found this site and didn't know any better) just pushed some jb weld in between seams and clamped it tight (been holding ok though)
    So now I would like to reinforce the whole hull/seams. Just never worked c/f. See allot of pictures, but no videos on how to actually to attempt it (making a templets to cut cf, soaking cf with resin before installing, how to install way up to front where you cannot reach)

I don't think you want to soak the CF in the resin . Paint the resin into the hull and wait for it to get a bit tacky them lay the cloth into the hull press it into place then you can paint resin onto the cloth. Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqwhcfQZT8U All the steps won't be used but from this you get the idea on what to do.