Thread: Titan 33 stinger strut height

Default Titan 33 stinger strut height

I'm trying to figure out a Titan 33 for P and I am pretty sure my strut is to low. I do not have a flooded stuffing tube set up at this point but have a little bit of adjustment with the speedmaster stinger. Any suggestions on height to center?? I know there are a ton of variables but what would be the lowest I would want it??

I make my flood chambers to allow for 1/4” to 5/8”.
    A good place to start would be 1/2” from keel to center of shaft. I was using ~1800kv 4070-90 size motor and 52mm prop.
    Flood tube is all I do on monos now.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I'm at about 5/16" right now and I'm gonna try that next weekend. To get the 1/2" I will have to pull the strut off and open up the hole for the stuffing tube. If I'm gonna do that I'll go ahead and install a flood tube, should have done it when I built the boat. I'll make that a project next month, thanks for the help.

On a Pursuit which is a very good 32" & stable deep V the center is 5/16" up from the keel.

Ok. I'll set it up where my lowest setting will be at 5/16". Looks like the speedmaster stinger gives you 3/16" adjustment?? That will put my highest option at 1/2". BTW I will be running a 4050 1950kv with a 200amp ZTW and start with an X445 and an 1814.

Cool

My Titan 33 ran the bottom of the stinger 1/4? above the vee and that was too low, the boat would chine walk at speed. I suspect that placing the CL of the shaft at 1/2? might still be too low in race water. On smooth water it may work.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    On a Pursuit which is a very good 32" & stable deep V the center is 5/16" up from the keel.
    This is a very different hull.
    I am speaking from having set up three titan 33”, two of which I and another club member gave Jay (fluid) a run for his money with!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Titan 33 at 1/2" to center of stuffing from bottom of hull. Jeese, since you have built three titans I'll take your word for it. One more question, should 1/2" to center be my lowest option? I went ahead and started installing the flood tube this afternoon. The flood tube is big enough to give me plenty of vertical movement. I will be re drilling the transom for the new strut location tomorrow. Just want to confirm 1/2" to center should be my lowest position.

I’d go with 1/2” as center, with 1/4” up/dn options. This will allow for prop size and water condition adjustability.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Will do. Thanks for the help guys.

I just ran the titan 33 with the flooded tube with the strut at 1/2" to center. Wow what a difference!!! Super stable and the temps where very low with an X445. I will run an X447 this weekend, needs a little more speed. Thanks for the help and flood tubes from now on.

Jeese, what hull is that Malibu?? You sold that boat to Eric with HOTMBC?? He was thinking of selling and told me I would be the first to know. Just curious.

Travis, that is a heretofore unanswered question.. I got the bare hull from Jim “the Legend” Vaughn.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by tjj atx View Post
    I just ran the titan 33 with the flooded tube with the strut at 1/2" to center. Wow what a difference!!! Super stable and the temps where very low with an X445. I will run an X447 this weekend, needs a little more speed. Thanks for the help and flood tubes from now on.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet