Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking for someone to finish set up of my MHZ Mystic 114

Well I epoxied in the new stuffing tube supports and water pickups this past weekend. Must say I'm pretty tickled with how it all turned out for a "novice." Masked off everything for pleasing appearance. Looks pretty much just as good as MHZ, only now everything's solid! Just have to cut the new cables to length, and I still have to order another prop to replace the one that was lost in the last run.

20221121_195211.jpg

20221121_195358.jpg

20221121_195433.jpg

20221121_195844.jpg

Stay tuned everyone! Exciting news will be coming soon to this thread regarding my JBS Racing Mystic Cat! Expect a Big update in the not too far future

20231204_092238.jpg
    20231204_093116.jpg

Boat shipped off to Michigan early last week where work has already begun on its reimagining. I won't go into too many details for now, but will say the boat will get an extensive retooling that will address prior issues that originated from the shoddy workmanship of MHZ, as well as optimize my current setup. All this will culminate with a highly customized paint job that will surely turn some heads! So stay tuned, more updates will follow in time!

What was some of the shoddy workmanship? Just looking for a head's up when my hull arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by BUMBLESPECIMOODA View Post
    What was some of the shoddy workmanship? Just looking for a head's up when my hull arrives.
    Lot of it described throughout this thread...Very thin and uneven gelcoat finish with small cracks in several areas. For my boat, that was partially built by them, stale glue was used for assembly that didn't fully cure properly (MHZ admitted to this after I showed them a video of my stuffing tube assemblies seperating from the hull) Overall very poor finish of hull in general.

Also with regards to customer service, they didn't follow through with my build service request and shipped the boat with work that they were supposed to do per my request not completed.

Just an overall bad experience, and for what I spent, expected a much better product & customer support.

Definitely check over your hull carefully when you receive it, and I hope that yours comes in better shape than when mine did.
    Last edited by pberzins76; 12-11-2023 at 01:06 PM.

Re-read through the thread. God bles your perseverance.

Cause and effect. They did some shoddy work, forcing you to become a better boat builder.

Last edited by BUMBLESPECIMOODA; 12-11-2023 at 02:28 PM.

A quick question: Is there a link to those fancy collets?

A quick question: Is there a link to those fancy collets?
    Look up Franz Spannagel on Facebook. He's in Germany, and is the maker of those collets.

Just a little update for now. Body work is in progress. Quite a few air pockets in the hull I've been told. But work is progressing well with the epoxy and gel coat work. That's about all I can say for now, but things are moving along nicely! I'll keep the updates going here as they get sent my way.

Happy New Year! Got a little update to share on the re-imagining process of my Mystic 114...Been informed that all the body work on the hull has been completed, and the bottom has been blue printed with all riding surfaces made flat and all edges/corners sharpened up. The boat will be heading into the paint booth for priming likely sometime this week! Its truly going to be exciting to see this new paint job begin to take shape!!! I'll keep you all posted as things progress, and if I can, I'll post some pics. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by pberzins76; 01-07-2024 at 04:46 PM.

Screenshot_20231121_111855_Chrome.jpg

Stay tuned...More exciting new updates coming up shortly here...What's going to be a one of a kind JBS scale paint reproduction is beginning to come to life on the hull, and its looking amazing!!! I'll post some pics shortly of the progress. In the mean time, here's a little teaser!
    Last edited by pberzins76; 01-28-2024 at 09:20 PM.

As promised, here are a few pics of the paintwork progressing along. Quite a way to go yet, but she's getting there. Told the colors look really wild in person!

received_1959189554482734.jpg

received_358365490387135.jpg

received_667566908787459.jpg

received_7647272658633355.jpg

What a difference a few days make! Paint work getting nearer to completion. A starkly different look from what the boat looked like before.

Oh Man. It looks awesome.

I'm depressed now though. Mine is so far from paint.

Oh Man. It looks awesome.

I'm depressed now though. Mine is so far from paint.
    Thanks so much for your compliments BUMBLESPECIMOODA! This has been around 3 years in the making for me, and at one point, I almost was going to give up on this whole project. I have to say, you are doing an absolutely awesome job on yours...And your craftmanship and building skills are second to none. I'm sure you'll be in the paint booth before too long, and your boat is going to be something to be proud of!

3-years... You sticking it out gives me hope.

Thanx for the praise, but I have really lost skills from lack of practice. The pics I post are of successes, not the failed attemps. I'm actually re-doing a big fail this week (don't ask).

Getting very close! Color work is completed. Just clear coat, cut, and buff and paint work done. Was told the boat should be ready for assembly this weekend. This thing looks stunning

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/m96...ibextid=oFDknk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pberzins76; 03-09-2024 at 12:33 PM.

Clear coat done. Boy this thing looks so shiny! Absolutely stunning!!!
    With paint now completed, attention is now focused on reassembly, and lots of changes happening below deck. New motor mounts (with proper hole pattern) will be installed, along with new and longer drives. ESC mounting area getting totally redone, and the cooling system is getting reconfigured and dressed up as well! Going to pretty much be a brand new boat once all work is finalized!

received_876505754223726.jpg

I love shiny.

Its been awhile since I last updated here regards to the progress on my boat, so here is a rather brief one for right now...As we've been in kind of a holding pattern at the moment. As of a little over a week ago, I was informed the motor mounts and drives all have been removed from the hull, and currently we're waiting on the new hardware to arrive. Once it finally does, work will commence with mock ups and measurements. That's about all I have at this very moment. Should hopefully have more exciting updates in the near future, once rigging work begins and the boat gets closer to delivery.

It's been awhile again since there's been an update here, so here is one. As of a little over a week ago, I was informed that we were still waiting on the new drives and motor mounts to get here from Europe. Supposably were finally shipping sometime last week I was told. Been a very long journey working to get to the finish line with this re-imagining, but I am fully confident that the long wait will be much worth it! In mean time, hull is all prepared to mount the new hardware. The drives are going to be from CCFP, and motor mounts are from Frederick's in Germany. Will be top of the line gear!

Messenger_creation_3c3373eb-9c9c-43b8-bed0-7aaab251c67e.jpg

Messenger_creation_af408b34-eabd-4150-9c7d-015ca3d01d46.jpg

Messenger_creation_b0ec8b6c-982e-4044-b9b0-f3d3ab31ce3c.jpg

Order a spare set of propshafts from Kent for those drives. Shipping and lead times on replacements is a killer.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Order a spare set of propshafts from Kent for those drives. Shipping and lead times on replacements is a killer.
    Thank you for the heads up on that!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345