Thread: Worth it?

Default Worth it?

Looking at this boat to buy haven?t heard of the electronics in it, don?t know anything about it. Is it a fast boat, is it worth purchasing just to have fun with? Has a chip with the fiberglass exposed. Only thing I don?t like is the servo being what looks to be glued to the floor of the hull.

https://imgur.com/gallery/TlCMRhx

It looks like the servo is just siliconed in. Wouldn't be too hard to remove and pick out the remaining silicone.

Hacker motor and esc were top notch 15 yrs ago, and are still great for that size boat.
    Good hull too. As for fast? That depends on your packs and prop. Interesting it doesn’t have a motor cooler..
    Worth it? I didn’t see the price, but I would put worth between $200-300, depending on condition of components.
    Just my assessment based on the photos.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Hacker motor and esc were top notch 15 yrs ago, and are still great for that size boat.

Good hull too. As for fast? That depends on your packs and prop. Interesting it doesn?t have a motor cooler..
    Worth it? I didn?t see the price, but I would put worth between $200-300, depending on condition of components.
    Just my assessment based on the photos.
    Guy is asking $400 and an auction and yeah I thought it was strange as well that there is no Water jacket, thanks.

I wouldn't pay $400. and that motor isn't going anywhere but 2 laps without a water jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    I wouldn't pay $400. and that motor isn't going anywhere but 2 laps without a water jacket.
    The guy told me he never had a water jacket on the motor just ran it and would cool it with a fan afterwards, had to pass when he told me that.