Thread: Aeromarine x50 converted to FE

Default Aeromarine x50 converted to FE

This has been my project for a while. The hull has taken most of the time building as it was all but destroyed when I bought it.

This was the maiden run so I was trying to take it easy. Throttle was limited to 65%

Not sure how old the Aeromarine x50 is but I have had no luck finding any information on them.

-Swordfish x300 amp
    -Leopard 5692 1000kv
    -Octura x452
    -x2 6s packs in series for 12s
    -1/4 cable 3/16 step down)

Wish your video was from dock level so we could see the riding attitude of the hull , but for the most part it looks like you nailed it. Plenty of power if that was less than full throttle. If you are running a standard prop and flex cable (counter clockwise ) looking at the transom your boat will turn much better and faster if you do right hand turns only. Nice looking project.

Panchothedog, thanks! Yes, its a standard ccw cable and prop. Since this video Ive done a run with the turn fin installed and it can hold a pretty tight fast turn. Ive got a new flex cable on the way, the ancient one that's on it has started to fray. Once I get it installed I plan on posting another video, ill be sure to take it from dock level. With sound too