Thread: Veles 29 stuffing tube question

Default Veles 29 stuffing tube question

Keep in mind, rookie observation but just picked up one of these, noticed there is a curve to the side with the stuffing tube on this boat. Not sure if that is intentional for some reason but I'm sure someone smarter than I am with these, can I answer that.
    Its like a slight twist or offset to one side. Strut seems to be centered, but I did notice out of the box the prop is adjusted way up as a negative angle I guess they call it. And the stuffing tube is below the bottom surface of the boat at the rear.

As long as the strut is positioned true along the keel center line, and not angled to the left or right, the path that the stuffing tube follows isn't of much concern, assuming that the bend is smooth and gradual, and not causing binding on the flex cable. Typically on a cat of that size, you'll start with the strut set at a neutral trim angle and raised slightly higher that the bottom of the sponsons. Set the hull on a flat surface like a kitchen countertop and set your strut level to the countertop, and raised about the thickness of a dime.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    As long as the strut is positioned true along the keel center line, and not angled to the left or right, the path that the stuffing tube follows isn't of much concern, assuming that the bend is smooth and gradual, and not causing binding on the flex cable. Typically on a cat of that size, you'll start with the strut set at a neutral trim angle and raised slightly higher that the bottom of the sponsons. Set the hull on a flat surface like a kitchen countertop and set your strut level to the countertop, and raised about the thickness of a dime.

Ok thank you you for your advice, greatly appreciated. I think I caught another video from years ago explaining the similar type of thing on a Geico twin boat. But I noticed this one will not sit flat towards the rear of the boat allowing me to do that. The stuffing tube is lower than the bottom plane of the boat causing it to not sit flat, but on the stuffing tube. Not sure if this is normal for this unit.
    I could accommodate for it though, and achieve an outcome as you're saying and will start off with that on its maiden voyage. Whoever built it at the factory or assembled the rear strut has it raised way up and I knew that was not a good idea even a rookie as myself.

I built a cat once that had the motor off center by a 1/4" and it did a great job of taking the whip out of the cable.
    Nortavlag Bulc

This is an image of what I'm speaking of. I tried to adjust it down but it seems that the stuffing tube is too long causing it to be at an angle even if it is Lowered. This doesn't seem right to me. Unless they are adding this adaptation to this model for some reason now??
    Hopefully the image is not upside down, it is not on my computer but it showed up that way on the quick reply, trying this way hoping it corrects it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Definitely not understanding why the picture gets flipped upside down. I actually tried flipping the picture upside down on my computer just now to see if it would flip it and be correct once uploaded, but it left it upside down go figure....??

I would be calling Horizon