Thread: Streamline thrasher V 3

Default Streamline thrasher V 3

Hi I?m totally new to the forum and need some advice i had been looking at the thrasher V 3 for two years and finally purchased one I just started looking for 6s battery packs for it and was shocked when I seen how much Max amps is asking for one 6 s pack $ 245 dollars I already just spent $900 for the boat and there is no way I?m paying another $500 just in batteries not even including a charger do any of you know of a different manufacturer that has a 6 s battery pack for this boat that is maybe around $ 85 thanks for any help.

MaxAmps are overpriced rubbish, you would have to search hard to find a worse pack, or a more expensive one.

Personally I usually look at Hobbyking first for LiPos they have a bunch of ranges depending on what you are after and what you want to spend, and are usually good value for money.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Yup, Hobby King batteries work great. I use Turnigy and the Nano Tech Turnigys in my airplanes and boats with no issues. Also when a battery does fail, from abuse, accidents, or extreme age, I’m not crying as they are very reasonably priced.

Indeed, Hobby King is great - I have many of their batteries and they are a great value and quality so far.