Thread: I'm now able to rewind SSS 56mm Motors

Default I'm now able to rewind SSS 56mm Motors

I just mailed off a motor for a guy in Nevada, an SSS 56114, that he has been running in a big ducted fan FE Jet.

He wanted a little more power for this plane so he had me to up the Kv a little. Went from 500 to 525Kv, and filled the motor full of good wire. The 500 kv was a half Wye wind, and that left some empty space in some of the slots. I figured out a delta wind that upped the kv a little but filled all the slots in the stator.

I know that the boost of only 25 kv doesn't sound like much, but he's going to be using 22-S (83 volts!!!), and just the 25 kv boost will add about 2100 rpm!

I'm waiting, with fingers crossed, to hear back about the test flight report. Hopefully it will give him the performance increase that he's looking for.

So anyone with a big SSS that's burned up, or not the kv that you want, I can rewind it for you.

Nice! Merry Christmas Don.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Merry Christmas Ray

Don, did the SSS have the same high temp wire we're using or was it different out of the box?
    Noisy person

No, I don't think it was the good stuff. It was dark colored. He had not run the motor hot, so I assume this was the natural color.

I have never seen the 200C stuff any color but the bright amber.

Hmmm.... Might send you a motor. We will see after Christmas.

What kv variants can you do for a 4082?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by donhuff View Post
    No, I don't think it was the good stuff. It was dark colored. He had not run the motor hot, so I assume this was the natural color.

I have never seen the 200C stuff any color but the bright amber.
    Didn't you do a fat TP for that lunatic we know from Florida?
    Noisy person

J.v. ?
    Nortavlag Bulc

I don't really have a bunch of KVs that are standard numbers that I do. It works better for you to tell me what you want, and then I see how close I can get to it.

No Terry, This was the first 56mm that I have wound

O.k. Thanks. Merry Christmas guys!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by donhuff View Post
    I just mailed off a motor for a guy in Nevada, an SSS 56114, that he has been running in a big ducted fan FE Jet.

He wanted a little more power for this plane so he had me to up the Kv a little. Went from 500 to 525Kv, and filled the motor full of good wire. The 500 kv was a half Wye wind, and that left some empty space in some of the slots. I figured out a delta wind that upped the kv a little but filled all the slots in the stator.

I know that the boost of only 25 kv doesn't sound like much, but he's going to be using 22-S (83 volts!!!), and just the 25 kv boost will add about 2100 rpm!

I'm waiting, with fingers crossed, to hear back about the test flight report. Hopefully it will give him the performance increase that he's looking for.

So anyone with a big SSS that's burned up, or not the kv that you want, I can rewind it for you.
    I used to rewind the russkit 22 motor back in the slot car days that was fun !!

You think you could get close to a Neu 1521 1.5D 1860KV wind into a SSS 4082?
    Nortavlag Bulc

I can "probably" get close to 1800 kv, in an sss 4082. It might go higher or lower, but I can usually get within a 100 one way or the other.

BUT, I think what your asking is if I can make an sss 4082 have equal power as a Neu 1521. NO, no way no how, aint gonna happen! There are to many differences in the two designs for the cheaper motor to ever make the power of the Neu.

NO, no,no... I don't expect that. lol.. Good stuff to know, thank you.
    Nortavlag Bulc