Thread: OSE UL-1 Jacket In Stock

Default OSE UL-1 Jacket In Stock

I started the process in making a new water jacket for the AquaCraft UL-1. Attached is a picture of one of my test jackets on the UL-1. The finished jacket will be 1.75" long and have the outlets in a different position.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Put me on the list for one.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Has anyone called Aquacraft (Hobbico) complaining about their leaky jacket? I wonder what they have to say about the problem? The most ethical thing Aquacraft could do is admit there is a problem then make it good by sending everyone "that got screwed" a 1rst quality jacket assembly.

I'm sure someone has buy now.

Customers that purchased boats from me will recieve 1/2 of the cost of the OSE UL-1 jackets. Shipping will be $4.85, with no handling fee.
    Steven Vaccaro

Good job, Steven. Why will a std 36mm not work? Someone said the edge of the motor to sharp or something like that.

In case you didn't realize it Grim AKA "Mike Zaborowski" is the designer of the boat so yes you have been talking directly to the parent company.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by detox View Post
    Has anyone called Aquacraft (Hobbico) complaining about their leaky jacket? I wonder what they have to say about the problem? The most ethical thing Aquacraft could do is admit there is a problem then make it good by sending everyone "that got screwed" a 1rst quality jacket assembly.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    Good job, Steven. Why will a std 36mm not work? Someone said the edge of the motor to sharp or something like that.
    These motors are a tad larger than a standard 36mm motor. They are about 36.30mm
    Steven Vaccaro

heh, my limited sample has the AC motor 1/32" larger in dia. than a feigao 7l. but I could be mistaken, both motors were in boats and I may have mis-read the calipers
    Still waiting for my boat to come in.it came in

Thanks for jumping on this right away Steven! If the final jacket can have both outlets facing the esc that would be a clean custom set up.

Quote Originally Posted by detox View Post

Steven, any update on the new jacket?

I will have a test jacket by the end of this week.
    Steven Vaccaro

Thanks Steven!

the creator of that water jacket by Aquacraft, forgot the K.I.S.S... Keep It Simple Son(actually Stupid, but be kind in 09) method. Also the BJ water Jacket fits ammo motors.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Cool

I Installed the OSE jacket for the Ammo motor and it fits great in my LSO cat. It is short but I needed a jacket shorter than the UL-1 jacket for this special application. Works great, I'm sure the longer one for the UL-1 motor will be perfect.

Now in stock.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Now in stock.
    I have ordered one! And I have to say it looks great in the pictures.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Sold out of 20 of them in less than a day. This has to be the fastest we have ever sold any product. I will have more in a few days.
    Steven Vaccaro

looks like a nice bit of work. figured I'd be nice and let those who bought their ul-1's from ose have the 1st crack at the jackets ...I'll pounce on the 2nd batch.
    rex
    Still waiting for my boat to come in.it came in

Steven, what a nice offer you have made for all of the OSE bought UL-1 owners out there! A++ in my book!!

Sold out of 20 of them in less than a day. This has to be the fastest we have ever sold any product. I will have more in a few days.
    I think thats directly related to the leaky stock ones. You should be thanking Grim for that design....
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex R View Post
    looks like a nice bit of work. figured I'd be nice and let those who bought their ul-1's from ose have the 1st crack at the jackets ...I'll pounce on the 2nd batch.
    rex
    Its a good idea to let my UL-1 customers first crack. But unfortunately I don't have a list of people that I sold the boats to. I'm working on a way to search my sales database by people that have bought specific items. Right now I can just find orders by name, email or order number.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
    I think thats directly related to the leaky stock ones. You should be thanking Grim for that design....
    I thank him for building two of the best electric rtr boats to hit the market ever at this price point.

Sure there are a few bumps in the road. But bumps are what keeps me interested in playing with these rtr boats.
    Steven Vaccaro

Very true Steven...

I thank him for building two of the best electric rtr boats to hit the market ever at this price point.

Sure there are a few bumps in the road. But bumps are what keeps me interested in playing with these rtr boats.
    Besides that... Hop-Ups are part of EVERY RC industry... Tamiya, Traxxas, ParkZone, etc... NONE of these complanies make a RTR that couldn't use some hop-up parts, No reason boating has to be, or should be, any different!

That's part of the reason they are able to deliver these things to us for the price!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Besides that... Hop-Ups are part of EVERY RC industry... Tamiya, Traxxas, ParkZone, etc... NONE of these complanies make a RTR that couldn't use some hop-up parts, No reason boating has to be, or should be, any different!

That's part of the reason they are able to deliver these things to us for the price!

Exactly! Its what keeps things interesting. It keeps us building, It keeps us reading and waiting for those magazines with a ton of ads! The car guys buy a "average" truck for $300-$500, then dump thousands to make them cooler, faster and better handling.
    Steven Vaccaro