Thread: 1/10 hydro front wing attachment

Default 1/10 hydro front wing attachment

I am building a 2006 formula boats 1/10 scale unlimited Hydro to race. This is a ML wood kit. I wondered how people were building and attaching the canard wing? I need it to be adjustable and ideally easily removable. I am at the stage where I am ready to put decks on so probably need to get this resolved first. Probably some build threads that cover this somewhere but haven?t found them yet.
    Thanks

I?m not sure if it?s what you?re looking for but on my 1/8 scale there is a shaft that runs through brass sleeves so not easily removed but it is adjustable with a servo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Thanks unfortunately my wing is further forward and only attaches at the sponsons. I don’t need to be able to adjust it on the fly although that would be cool.

I know I emailed you already, but I thought I'd share here too in case others have the same question. I've done that several different ways, but the way I think I like the most is to make two brackets to mount under the wing out of either thin L aluminum or carbon fiber. I put a couple of blind nuts or you could use threaded inserts into the side of the pickle fork tunnel to mount a pivot screw and an adjustment screw. The front hole on your bracket is the pivot hole and the back hole on the bracket will be your elongated adjustment hole. You make the angle adjustment by loosening the rear screw and moving the wing's trailing edge up or down to the angle you want, then tightening down the screw to hold it in place. I hope that makes sense. I used 4/40" screws, I don't remember. For a 1:10 scale boat wing, I think they would work fine. My first set of brackets didn't allow as much range as I wanted, so I made the one you see in the photo. I could have moved the rear screw closer to the front to give more range, but I didn't want to put new holes in the boat and I didn't think adding a rear shim would look that great. I think I originally saw the bracket used on a 1:8 scale boat video. I hope this helps.

bracket2.jpg
    Last edited by Coug90; 01-03-2021 at 03:44 AM.
    Mitch Dillard
    1:10 Scale Hydroplane Enthusiast
    hydroscalecreations.us, email:hydroscale@gmail.com

Your attached picture's not working Mitch .

I think I got the picture working now, thanks.
    Mitch Dillard
    1:10 Scale Hydroplane Enthusiast
    hydroscalecreations.us, email:hydroscale@gmail.com