Thread: Stealthwake 23 - Centered Battery Poistioning

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Stealthwake 23 - Centered Battery Poistioning

Hello. Forgive me if these are dumb questions but I am new to the rc world and I'm having a blast learning about and upgrading (and breaking) the Stealthwake but wanted to ask about something that's been driving me crazy... the battery location. With the positioning as it comes from the factory, the boat sits off-balance in the water, (leaning to the left) and this impacts performance especially when turning or jumping.
    I cut small slits in the canopy to suspend the battery nice and tight with velcro, exactly centered, which made the boat sit perfectly level in the water. I don't jump it often (right now I'm just experimenting with fpv cameras and smoother rides) but was wondering why nobody else has done this. Am I setting myself up for disaster with the battery being up higher than it was? Was the original location of the battery critical to functionality? Will I flip my boat lol?
    Right now the ride seems smooth enough to me but I'm pretty sure with a 3s brushless upgrade and some jumps into the wind, I the boat might be less stable than it was.

Thank you for any insight / advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wake_n_bake; 04-20-2021 at 06:12 PM.