Thread: Proboat UL 19 prop for running 6s?

Default Proboat UL 19 prop for running 6s?

Hello, what size and/or type of prop are you all running on the UL 19 on 6s?
    I picked up a used boat and the guy only ran 4s on it but I believe its over propped on 6s.
    I had a motor wire come un-soldered right out of the can running 6s.
    I'm pretty sure it has the stock 43 mm 1.7" 1.6 pitch prop on it now.

If you are upgrading the motor and esc to better handle 6s, what are some suggestions for motors and props for that matter.

Thank you for any insight or suggestions. I've searched but didn't come up with too much.

Cool

Melting a solder joint is usually an indication of excess amp draw. Others have used similar props and stock motor on 6 with reported success, but a lot depends on how you run the boat (see link below). WOT most of the time is better than part throttle. Running all the way to LVC is a bad idea with high amp draw setups. A free-running driveline is necessary, with a decent gap between the drive dog and strut. The boat also has to be running loose to reduce amp draw.

Not knowing anything else about your setup, I would switch to the recommended x442 prop to see if that reduces temps with the stock setup. But that motor is not optimal for 6S if you want trouble-free running, it is really a SAW-type motor. A motor like the TP 3640/1570 would be more versatile, and safer on 6S. This should be safe with the current prop and allow larger props - perhaps up to an x645 and speeds deep into the 60s. I?ve had great success with the Raider 150 ESC on 6S setups. As always, start with short runs to check temps.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?60310-X442-prop-test-on-the-UL19

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks again Fluid I somehow missed that thread. I do check the temps and they never seemed to be too bad at all especially in the cold weather we're having down here right now.
    I'll try a smaller prop. In fact on my other boat the TFL Genesis, I believe it is a smaller prop. Maybe I'll switch them and see how the UL 19 handles it.

The boat is a kick in the ass. I got 65 mph out of it and 55 out of the Genesis on 6s. I'm pretty sure the Genesis shouldn't be running that much voltage but its fun while it lasts. It is the single motor boat.

1715 1716 work I sell them finished and race prepped