Thread: Futaba telemetry

Default Futaba telemetry

Does anybody out there have any experience with the Futaba telemetry system? Looks intriguing.
    Fast Electrics Have A Small Carbon Wake

Yes. What are you interested in knowing?
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

3 things, specifically. First, it seems to me to be the simplest, most cost effective way to get real time telemetry. Am I correct in that? And do you thinks its possible to configure it for 2 temp sensors, 1 voltage and 1 rpm. The norm is, I believe rec volts, drive battery volts, temp and rpm. Lastly, in your opinion, is this a worthwhile investment?

Yes, those four channels are not difficult to setup. You will need the junction box which is a simple Y-harness to T in all the channels to a single plug on the receiver. It looks like a multiport servo extension.
    The telemetry is useful depending on what you want to do with it. For real time it is a little hard to view and drive at the same time. Depending on the radio, some will not hold the max or min value. You can however log the data to the SD card and view it later.

I find it useful to know the motor temp and ESC temp between SAW passes. I run a pump so I can watch the ESC and motor cool between passes. Knowing the voltage is also handy to determine time left before low. RPM is really nice, but it's one of those channels you need to read while running making it difficult.

-Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Thank you for the response. I think I'll get one in the spring.