Thread: 40mm X 80mm HRC O rings

Default 40mm X 80mm HRC O rings

I have an HRC 40mm X 80mm jacket that I want to use on a TP 4070. The O rings that work with the shorter HRC jackets with the TP 40 series motors do not work with the 80mm jacket. Does anyone know what O rings will work?

What Motor was the jacket made for or used on?

All motors are not the same diameter even though they are all called 40mm Diameters.

EX- a jacket for a NEU motor will not fit a TP motor.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    What Motor was the jacket made for or used on?

All motors are not the same diameter even though they are all called 40mm Diameters.

EX- a jacket for a NEU motor will not fit a TP motor.

Larry
    It was on an HET typhoon in an 1/8 scale and it wasn't a very good fit so I swapped it for a jacket that works better on the HET. Its the only 80mm jacket I have and wanted to use it on a TP 4070 in a Q sport I am building. I have tried every O ring I have which isn't many, with no luck. I'm sure there are O rings that will work and was looking for a little help to narrow my search. Thanks for the response and Happy Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by tjj atx View Post
    It was on an HET typhoon in an 1/8 scale and it wasn't a very good fit so I swapped it for a jacket that works better on the HET. Its the only 80mm jacket I have and wanted to use it on a TP 4070 in a Q sport I am building. I have tried every O ring I have which isn't many, with no luck. I'm sure there are O rings that will work and was looking for a little help to narrow my search. Thanks for the response and Happy Thanksgiving.
    Here you go!

Nortavlag Bulc

Might help... I ran a HRC Jacket on a Typhoon motor for my Q sport and it was loose. I didn't worry about it much but I also didn't run the boat much with that motor either.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray - His problem is the other way around.
    A Typhoon jacket (made for a 39mm motor) and trying to use it on a 40mm TP motor.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Ray - His problem is the other way around.
    A Typhoon jacket (made for a 39mm motor) and trying to use it on a 40mm TP motor.

Larry
    That is correct. I am now using a 70mm OSE jacket on the HET with O rings from rattlesnake rc and it works great. The HRC jacket was too big for the HET so I figured it would work great on the 4070 if I can find the correct O rings. Thank you guys for responding. I'll keep looking.