Well as some know - I've had one Atlantic challenger for some maybe 15 years now..

I haven't used it in a few years as after converting to brushless, one belt snapped and it was impossible to find a replacement;

anyhow I decided to convert it to direct drive with some spare parts I had, they do come up rarely on eBay and 2 so far this year have appeared - I bought the first one got, messed around by the seller a few months back and then this turned up - despite having to curb spending due to industry being in tatters from covid, I had to have it.

it was pretty rough, it looked like it had been touched up in areas with exterior masonry paint but I did a lot of sanding and got a good outcome, it's been bashed about but I've managed to fix it up pretty good - but it's what I wanted, a boat I won't be scared of something happening to, they are pretty delicate things.

I removed the original belt drive I'd snapped on my boat and will return my boat to original - 700 BB turbo motors, and esc's which I have in a box still, it will become a static display in my study.

the new boat has the neu motors and other stuff I bought to convert to direct drive - I slightly miscalculated on the alignment (Water jackets won't fit) but im hoping with 40mm water jets and 3s Lipo it won't cause too much heat build up.

and the conversion - still to install battery mounts but will start with 3s 5000mah packs and move up to high capacity cells once it's all working for a longer run time.